How much is a mobile home worth that needs work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who does this type of rehab. It’s not unusual for the owner to pay him to take them off their hands if the conditions are rough enough.

eta: I’m not implying your’s is in that condition. Just randomly posting when I probably should just shut up.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! $7000.00??? We have a single wide but I did a metal roof on our house for less than a grand. Found a deal on metal panels at the Inola auction, can't remember what I actually paid and how many I bought but ended up with enough to do the house, porch and a storage shed. Buddy of mine and I did the house, I did the porch and storage shed by myself.

The particle board floors in mobile homes disintegrate if any water gets to it at all. I have replaced actually patched several places in our house. Another thing to look at is the condition of the wood around the bottom. This is whear the skirting ties in and can be a bear to fix if it's rotten.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who does this type of rehab. It’s not unusual for the owner to pay him to take them off their hands if the conditions are rough enough.

eta: I’m not implying your’s is in that condition. Just randomly posting when I probably should just shut up.
No that’s entirely possible with mobile homes. I’m hoping it’s not quite there but we’ll see.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No that’s entirely possible with mobile homes. I’m hoping it’s not quite there but we’ll see.
I can only say the mess a buddy and I got into on a moving and rehab of a mobil home. He had bought two from a bank auction and planned to put one on sale and use the other for a rental property. The first one broke into during move that was only 10 miles. There was no slavaging and it still cost him a ton to get the stuff removed from the road. The second one looked fair, and I was going to be free labor with his brother so he would just be out on materials.
Got it moved but not without some problems. Didn't need to be cut in half to move and the moving company did a great job. Before they dropped it, we got a chance to see some of the problems. The floor was gone. The floor joist and small trusses were made from lumber that must have been balsa.. Ha. Plywood was rotted and their was mold in the walls eating up the insulation and going through the walls. We started to gut it and finally came to the conclusion it would cost more to fix than ever getting the ROI. EVER!
I told him I'd work with him till he says uncle and uncle came out of his mouth darn quick (thank you lord).
You just got to look at what you got. The bones of a used mobil home are not good even in the best of situations. You might get lucky and honestly, from the picture you posted, I give this house a better than average chance of being fixable without selling the farm.
Good luck and keep us updated. I want to say I'm not a master carpenter and have a limited background on mobile homes. There are those here with much more skills and knowledge than I

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a small double wide. 28x40 It will need quite a bit of work but I think many would find its worth repairing. It’s been vacant for years. The outside is in good shape. Needs a new roof and complete new interior. Basic plumbing and wiring is all good. Here’s a pic. Opinions?

View attachment 222559
View attachment 222560
Where is it located?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a small double wide. 28x40 It will need quite a bit of work but I think many would find its worth repairing. It’s been vacant for years. The outside is in good shape. Needs a new roof and complete new interior. Basic plumbing and wiring is all good. Here’s a pic. Opinions?

View attachment 222559
View attachment 222560
Houses, rent, and building material prices, have skyrocketed lately. People are routinely bidding more than the asking price on houses in the Tulsa area. I don't clam to know but it seems this woud have to effect the new, and used, mobile home market as well?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Houses, rent, and building material prices, have skyrocketed lately. People are routinely bidding more than the asking price on houses in the Tulsa area. I don't clam to know but it seems this woud have to effect the new, and used, mobile home market as well?
Foundation is open so dogs haven't pulled down all the insulation. Roof looks good and no visable slope/bow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom