How NOT to shoot a 50 BMG Rifle ala Hickok45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend has a pretty hefty muzzle break on his AR and I had never been around one before. I was sitting next to him on the spotting scope when he touched of the first round. It was very loud, but the concussion was downright shocking. I quickly relocated for the following shots. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watching gun blast part the grass in front of him is how John Browning first came up with the concept of harnessing that energy and using it to create a repeating automatic rifle. First attempt was pretty crude but it worked (sorta...had a flapper)....but cool how he saw something that had always been around and found a way to utilize it.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watching gun blast part the grass in front of him is how John Browning first came up with the concept of harnessing that energy and using it to create a repeating automatic rifle. First attempt was pretty crude but it worked (sorta...had a flapper)....but cool how he saw something that had always been around and found a way to utilize it.

http://www.browning.com/news/articl...he-legendary-browning-flapper-model-1873.html
Finding and Restoring the Legendary Browning “Flapper” Model 1873
In 1890 John Browning saw some tall grass move, and it changed the history.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had one in 1997. It was the M82A1 variant. Back in those days folks would go down to bird creek to waste their ammo. One day we were there with the Barrett and this Arab steps up with his commie rifle and starts hip shootin away. Should have saw this guy. His cool guy cigarette was just a bouncin between his lips. Best part was that he had no ear pro.
My buddy was layin on the ground next to him fixin to shoot the 50. He told the guy to get back (he was right in line with the angle of the brake), and go get some ppe. The arab gives him a motion like (mind your own business).
Buddy looks back at me and i said " cut her loose". He drops the bolt and lays 10 rounds down the creek as fast as possible. You shoulda saw this jockey run for the hills! The look on his face was priceless as the ciggy fell from his lips!
When the dust cleared, i declared "welcome to america"! Those guys quickly departed and we never saw them there again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom