How often do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you carry?

• Total voters

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just curious what the carrying habits of Oklahomans are...

I carried for more than 10 years without incident, and then changed my habits to keeping a gun with me in my laptop bag. Within a year of that, I had a defensive shooting (a dog) in which I had to fetch my handgun from the bag, and return to the fight. (Pitbull savagely attacking my dog, in my yard)

Now granted, I wasn't wearing pants at the time, so even if I was in the practice, I wouldn't have had my gun on my person. The situation certainly effected my mindset though. I no longer "lounge" around the house without pants and a belt, and my EDC is with me at all times.

I get dressed immediately, and I don't undress until I go to bed. That dedication to being prepared as possible comes with a lot of discomfort, aches and so forth...but I no longer consider anything else an option.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just curious what the carrying habits of Oklahomans are...

I carried for more than 10 years without incident, and then changed my habits to keeping a gun with me in my laptop bag. Within a year of that, I had a defensive shooting (a dog) in which I had to fetch my handgun from the bag, and return to the fight. (Pitbull savagely attacking my dog, in my yard)

Now granted, I wasn't wearing pants at the time, so even if I was in the practice, I wouldn't have had my gun on my person. The situation certainly effected my mindset though. I no longer "lounge" around the house without pants and a belt, and my EDC is with me at all times.

I get dressed immediately, and I don't undress until I go to bed. That dedication to being prepared as possible comes with a lot of discomfort, aches and so forth...but I no longer consider anything else an option.
That’s a “fun” sex life you have there. I’m pantless whenever possible. Must have priorities.

I can’t carry most of the day due to the company banning it in their offices.

When working from home, it’s trivial access to firearms in my home office. I only carried when I left my home office.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good lesson, RockHopper...

I used to carry all the time unless I was in bed. And then I had a rifle and handgun right next to the bed.

I'll admit, I've become complacent and no longer practice what I've preached for over 25 years. I carry 'most' of the time when I leave the house. At home I have a gun nearby. But that's not always close enough.

I was walking my dogs on leashes one day around my very quiet neighborhood. I came very close to having to shoot the neighbor's Rottweiler when he seemed to be seriously contemplating attacking me and my Corgis. I was carrying, drew the gun and loudly said 'NO!' to the Rottweiler as he got too close and was growling and barking. He seemed to snap out of it a bit and walked back to his porch. I was fortunate because a neighbor lady in her front yard yelled, "Watch out!", to me as the dog was coming up behind us. I'd never had an issue with that dog before and have walked by his house/yard hundreds of times. You just never know.

I went back to talk to the owner (a police officer) but the dog wouldn't let me get close to the house. Didn't have a phone number for the guy so I called the town chief and he had the owner call me. We had a nice conversation and he took care of the problem. He now keeps his dog under control and doesn't let him out unsupervised (he doesn't have a fenced yard).

Things happen fast.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t carry often around the house, because I have multiple handguns and rifles close at hand at all times. However, if I’m going to be outside or head to town, I put my gun in my waist band as I head out the door. I do basically the same when I’m at my OK place. :anyone:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the exception of work (Just found out its against federal laws to carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle...) if I go outside I'm armed, with the exception of walking to the mailbox. While in the house I don't carry, but my edc sits on my desk either in my iwb holster or just on the desk if I'm using my owb holster, which stays on me. When my edc is on me, its chambered and safety is off. When sitting on the desk its chambered with safety on (wife doesn't like to see it with the safety off).

Latest posts

Top Bottom