How often do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you carry?

• Total voters

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t carry very often anymore, but I always have a rifle locked up and a handgun hidden but easily accessible in my vehicle. Part of the daily process is putting them in the house or putting them in my vehicle. I do carry when I’m in a sketchy area (not often) or when outdoors, whether I’m hiking, hunting, camping, or otherwise. I don’t carry at home, it is my place to relax. I do always have a handgun and rifle handy at home too, but not on me. I’ve built the new house to be a bit of a fortress. Between door/window reinforcements and 24/7 CCTV feeds with a DVR I feel that I have adequate protection and early warning should I need to arm myself. Not to mention I have a ton of nosey neighbors, and the cops like to hang out 50 yards from my house.

I definitely don’t discriminate against carrying often, but I think that it makes more targets than it helps, to be often. I see people carrying concealed too often. It’s too obvious, whether they’re new and fiddling with their shirt or printing, or they’re experienced and you can see it in their clothing choice and demeanor, plus a little printing usually. I feel like I borrow a lot of mind set that Robert Heinelen suggested in his book “tunnel in the sky”, he said that “having a firearm makes you 7 feet tall and invincible, but being naked and having a knife makes you smart and careful”. The name of the game for me is to be careful and blend in unless I’m intentionally putting myself into a situation where something bad can happen.
Props for another Robert A. Heinlein quote!

Latest posts

Top Bottom