How old do ya think these are?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1986-1987 hunting season 10 counties in Oklahoma mandated steel shot.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/new...ves-steel-shot-issue-on-the-fire/62736486007/

Man, I don’t remember it being that recent. I thought early 80’s. Can’t believe I can’t remember cause I was vehemently opposed to steel. I remember being so ticked off I swore I’d quit shooting ducks. What I did instead was just acquire a different shotgun that I could shoot steel thru. Still an A5, but made in Japan.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F2F87A8A-8907-4DA7-B380-7DCF4D55C1FA.jpeg

As a kid,I was shooting old paper hulls in the 80’s . These are the survivors lol

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 342263
As a kid,I was shooting old paper hulls in the 80’s . These are the survivors lol

That’s fantastic!

I wish I’d have kept some of that paper hull stuff.

I have a funny story about paper hulls. Was duck hunting by myself in HS and had my gun leaned against the front of my stick blind, and it was raining a little. No roof, just grass. Not a lot of ducks flying that morning so my hunt pretty much consisted of me getting soaked to the bone. Group of mallards started working my decoys, so I grabbed my gun and laid it across my lap and reached for the call. Before I started calling I heard this funny tinkling sound. I blew and it sounded like a run over dog so the ducks flared. Sat there disgusted and still this little tinkling sound. Looked down and shot was leaking out the end of my barrel. That paper hull had sat there pointed at the sky in that rain, swelled up and opened a little bit and shot was tricking out of the shell. What a doofus.

Plastic is better, but paper was cool.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom