How to do a euro mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@Bowhunter. This guy uses a Turkey fryer. I still prefer the element from a hot water tank. It’s consistent heat and not as affected by the wind and weather. Basically more controllable. I just did one for a friend that bought a little piece of property and found a buck head on it. I’ll post pics of it if he didn’t take it home from work today. Anyway, it’s a little bit of a nasty job but the results are usually worth it. Be careful to not overboil it because the skull plates will start to separate to much. Good luck.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend showed me the basics and basically did it all but I’m ready now for next season. Thx for making this thread! Anybody ever do a bobcat skull?
51570F2A-F738-4356-A8C1-AA49218C341B.jpeg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That guys bucket was jenky AF. Boiling water and what looked like exposed wires. Don't see how you can control the boil with that setup. With propane you can pretty much fine tune the boil from a rolling boil to a simmer, etc. Doesn't everyone around here have or know someone with a propane burner top and a big steel/alum pot?

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That guys bucket was jenky AF. Boiling water and what looked like exposed wires. Don't see how you can control the boil with that setup. With propane you can pretty much fine tune the boil from a rolling boil to a simmer, etc. Doesn't everyone around here have or know someone with a propane burner top and a big steel/alum pot?
That's how I did mine. I didn't bleach them with any peroxide or anything, I wanted to see how they looked au naturale. I could have cleaned them up a little better, and still plan to before I hang them up for good.
I might try the whitening process on this coming season's buck. Because, you know, I'm gonna kill a giant of course.

20211112_185834.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom