How To Handle Buyer's Cashier's Check For Large Amount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As easily offended as people on this board are, it’s hilarious that this question is being asked here. :lmfao:
I think it's a legitiment concern, it's a lot of money, and the law is so soft on crime. Nobody wants to get taken, the OP just wants to make sure he's covered the bases. Maybe I'm reading you wrong?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This will turn away many legit buyers. Too much risk walking around (even for a few hours) with $20K in cash.
Well, there is no risk to the buyer if the seller and buyer got the buyers bank and buyer withdraws cash to give to seller. Seller, at this point has all the risk of being mugged or worse.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cashier’s checks are one the easiest counterfeits and people are being scammed every day. I’d do a wire or cash$ verified by a bank note pen. I’d just make it clear up front that he can have the RV AND title, once it clears and you’ll meet him at the tag office.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Well, there is no risk to the buyer if the seller and buyer got the buyers bank and buyer withdraws cash to give to seller. Seller, at this point has all the risk of being mugged or worse.
The worse being civil asset forfeiture. You've at least got a legal right to defend yourself against a mugger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom