How to make fried zucchini?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got a bunch of yellow squash to fry up but it's too hot in the house to cook.

My favorite fried zucchini is sliced real thin like chips and lightly breaded in flour.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fried yellow squash was great tonight as was the fried pork chop and sautéed new red potatoes. :thumb:
2487F2A3-C7CF-40A1-B5F7-6C5C1ABB5016.jpeg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Youtube has all sorts of recipes.
I had some awhile back at a restaurant (not in these parts) and it was a hand breaded house special and it was excellent. It was sort of like panko breading, and not too thick. It was the best I've ever had. The old Boulevard buffet downtown used to have a similar breading for their fried egg plant. Dip in some jalopeno ranch dressing and you are a happy camper.

I recently came into some home grown squash and was craving that taste so fried it using just milk dip & flour and it wasn't even close to how good the other breading was.

I want advice on how to bread and fry zucchini (breading and process) so it can be closer to how delicious that stuff I had was. I am hoping to be able to use the same process for squash and egg plant too.

Thanks

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moms recipe....

2 to 2 ½ lbs. zucchini

½ cup margarine (I use butter)

¾ cup chopped onion

15 Ritz Crackers, crumbled

2 eggs, beaten

Salt and pepper

1 cup grated cheese

Toppings:

1 ½ cup Ritz cracker crumbs

½ cup margarine, melted

Slice and cook zucchini until tender. Drain. Saute onions in margarine. Mix with zucchini. Add crackers, eggs, seasoning and cheese. Put in 2 qt casserole. Cover with buttered cracker crumbs.

Bake at 350 for 35 min.

Latest posts

Top Bottom