How to Pan Fry USDA Prime Ribeye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know... looks great and all but to me a great steak only needs salt. Next Wednesday my 4 Wagyu NY strips are going to be here. That is all I plan on doing to the ones I'm going to eat (two are a gift)
The garlic and rosemary butter basting is delicious, try it

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't believe I've ever had a pan fried steak we normally put them on the grill or slow broil them in the oven when it's too cold (at least for me) outside to grill on the patio......looks good may have to try pan fried.

Beginning Wed. of this week Homeland has their Angus t-bones on sale for $8.99 per pound and we picked up six after having the butcher custom cut six that were thicker than what were in the display......have eaten two already and they are great.

t-bone.jpg

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't believe I've ever had a pan fried steak we normally put them on the grill or slow broil them in the oven when it's too cold (at least for me) outside to grill on the patio......looks good may have to try pan fried.

Beginning Wed. of this week Homeland has their Angus t-bones on sale for $8.99 per pound and we picked up six after having the butcher custom cut six that were thicker than what were in the display......have eaten two already and they are great.

View attachment 173586
That looks delicious! Damn near a porterhouse.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 173586

ya me too until recently my son showed this new to me method.
normally I'd cook on a hasty bake grill my old way.
discovered the preheat core temp method works nicely on charcoal grill.

I'll be adding details cooking a similar ribeye on a Hasty Bake hopefully soon.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody likes their steak different. I prefer a nice lean sirloin over any other cut. Either reverse seared or just seared in a smoking hot cast iron skillet. I like a little bite to it so use Montreal Seasoning.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks fantastic. I wish you would have shown a cut to see the doneness of the meat. I would have thought 115 would be awfully rare for me nut don't know how much the reverse sear cooks it further. Going to have to try this. What i like almost more is the Frankoma. my wife and I collect the chit out of Frankoma pottery and especially like the boots. We probably have 20 boots and 50+ pieces of Frankoma pottery. Just love everything about this damn thread!!! :thumbup3:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks delicious! Damn near a porterhouse.

This was my thought exactly, pretty nice sized filet on there.

That looks fantastic. I wish you would have shown a cut to see the doneness of the meat. I would have thought 115 would be awfully rare for me nut don't know how much the reverse sear cooks it further.

Should have probably come out about MR, I am guessing. 2-3 minutes on each side in a screaming skillet after cooking to 115ºF will get you right about there. That is indeed quite rare if you eat it at that temp, in fact 115ºF is a really true blue rare. The skillet will bring it up to medium rare in a really short period. Matter of fact, I don't know how long he did it on each side, but I would say from the look of that crust and NOT burning the garlic, I'd guess he easily got to medium rare. If it were super screaming hot enough to get that crust in less than a minute (which would have left it on the rare side) he'd have had burned garlic and butter.

That's my semi-amateur analysis, anyways. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom