How to Pan Fry USDA Prime Ribeye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody likes their steak different. I prefer a nice lean sirloin over any other cut. Either reverse seared or just seared in a smoking hot cast iron skillet. I like a little bite to it so use Montreal Seasoning.
I sometimes used Montreal Steak Seasoning and pierced the steak and doused it in Liquid Smoke usually too. But, my son-in-law put me on to Fiesta "Extra Fancy Texas Style Steak Seasoning" a while back and I think it's great. I put it on pretty heavy and rub it in good then the grill, only the grill !

It's like $2.00 for a 7 oz. shaker of it at Walmart.

Sometimes I will use some A-1 on steaks but with this stuff I never put anything else on it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sometimes used Montreal Steak Seasoning and pierced the steak and doused it in Liquid Smoke usually too. But, my son-in-law put me on to Fiesta "Extra Fancy Texas Style Steak Seasoning" a while back and I think it's great. I put it on pretty heavy and rub it in good then the grill, only the grill !

It's like $2.00 for a 7 oz. shaker of it at Walmart.

Sometimes I will use some A-1 on steaks but with this stuff I never put anything else on it.
Try this, douse in
Heinz wine vinegar
Soy sauce
Use copious amounts of
garlic powder
Ground black pepper
And use a pinch or 3 of sugar. Let em set in fridge 2 hours then on the counter to come to room temp for an hour. The to the grill. The vinegar tenderize and all the ingredients together have a similar smell to A1.
You can thank me later.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
That ain't done. I can't eat any meat unless it is cooked all the way through, nothing healthy about about eating raw meat.
It's actually more unhealthy to cook meat all the way through. It denatures the proteins and renders it pretty useless. And the more cooked it is, the harder it is for your body to digest.

Now I make take some flak for this, but to each their own. I'd raise holy hell if I paid that much for a chunk of meat that was a third fat.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's actually more unhealthy to cook meat all the way through. It denatures the proteins and renders it pretty useless. And the more cooked it is, the harder it is for your body to digest.
truth
Now I make take some flak for this, but to each their own. I'd raise holy hell if I paid that much for a chunk of meat that was a third fat.
that fat is where the flavor is. I eat all the fat, never understood those that trim it all off and toss it to the dog. Thats like the desert and animal fat isnt bad for you like margarine or corn oil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom