How to remove gas block.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad and I can't seen to quite figure out how to take the gas block off my AR.
It's the DPMS Oracle, which I think has a .910 sized gas block off it.
It also has two small allen wrench holes an the bottom of the gas block.
So we kinda' need some help here if someone wouldn't mind helpin' us out.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the bottom of the gas block.
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_19_937558553cc4ac45e5c32842c8001d02.jpg

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remove the muzzle device, unscrew the allens, slide gas block off end of barrel. May need to tap it with a rubber mallet or something similar. It will take the gas tube out with it as well.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if you're going to use the same gas block or put another one on, but I'd also mark the barrel so that you could easily line it up with the gas port.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if you're going to use the same gas block or put another one on, but I'd also mark the barrel so that you could easily line it up with the gas port.
I'm gonna get a new gas block, but I've heard of that tip before a lot so I plan on doing that so I don't mess up. 😂

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will I be able to remove the gas tube from the block?

It may have a pin in it that needs to be taken out. You can usually get the gas tube out of the gas block, but I've had one or two that were so hard to get out you had to use a pair of pliers or vice grips and the tube itself could be damaged. But usually, yes, you can get the tube out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may have a pin in it that needs to be taken out. You can usually get the gas tube out of the gas block, but I've had one or two that were so hard to get out you had to use a pair of pliers or vice grips and the tube itself could be damaged. But usually, yes, you can get the tube out.

Gas tubes are cheap, so don't worry about it too much if you damage it, just to add to tRidiots post.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the gas block set screws are extremely tight, you might hit them with a Bic lighter for a couple of minutes to loosen any thread locker that might have been used.

The gas tube can be reused, but you will probably need a new roll pin. If you don't have an AR shop near by, try a Fastenal, the pin diameter is 5/64.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the gas block set screws are extremely tight, you might hit them with a Bic lighter for a couple of minutes to loosen any thread locker that might have been used.

The gas tube can be reused, but you will probably need a new roll pin. If you don't have an AR shop near by, try a Fastenal, the pin diameter is 5/64.

Good info. Lowes also carries that roll pin if you don't have a Fastenal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom