How To Ruin A Nice Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I told him I'd reassemble the other gun and the price was $50. He looked very indignant and said, "You're gonna charge me $50 just to put a gun back together?" Nope...I told him I was charging him $10 to reassemble the gun and $40 because I knew how.

He wasn't really happy but apparently wanted his gun back together. We made a deal...

View attachment 346154

I had a little side, cleaning the guns for several of the local PD. These guys knew nothing past how to load and unload.

One day a cop I hadn't seen before, shows up with a shoe box. Says Joe told him I could "fix" his M-19.

Told him $50. He got his cop attitude and tell him, ok, now it is $75.

He asked, "why? I charged the other guys $25 for cleaning."

I said, "$50 for my tools and knowledge, plus $25 for attitude adjustments."

He says, "I'll be watching you, ticket book in hand." Sets box down and turns to leave. Says, "I'll be back in an hour."

I hand him the box and tell him to come back in 4 months, I was busy.

He starts whining, "I need it for work, TONIGHT."

I laughed, "oh, you want a rush job. That will be an extra $75."

His attitude suddenly became more amicable. I put the Smith together and sent him on his way.

He became a good customer and attitude improved considerably.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Duct tape?

The problem is "good welder". Lots can burn a stick. Some can get it done. Few are "GOOD". Finding someone, who isn't a licensed 'smith, willing to do the work; could be the largest hurdle. Ask to see their work, before turning over the gun.

Remember that thing about "fixing stupid."

Contact S&W about repair.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$50?!?!? Boy howdy do I have a box if goodies for you lol
A coworker brought me her daddy's old browning to see if I could "fix it up" after he passed away. Lord have mercy if she didn't bring me a bunch of parts caked in vegetable oil... Tried giving it back to her twice now lol

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Duct tape?

The problem is "good welder". Lots can burn a stick. Some can get it done. Few are "GOOD". Finding someone, who isn't a licensed 'smith, willing to do the work; could be the largest hurdle. Ask to see their work, before turning over the gun.

Remember that thing about "fixing stupid."

Contact S&W about repair.
This is not the joke section.

Latest posts

Top Bottom