How to ship a firearm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wrap it up. Go to UPS.com print and pay for a shipping label sending it to the FFL in the other state. Schedule pickup or find a brown truck and they can scan it in and take it.

Can't do it that way.

Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account (specifically, Daily Pickup, Daily On-Route Pickup, UPS Smart Pickup®, and Day-Specific Pickup), or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). Note:Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes or UPS On-Call Pickup®, and may not be tendered to or dropped off at locations of The UPS Store®, any third party retailer, or any UPS Access Point™ location.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I tried to ship a Rifle, probably 2-3 years ago I was told it had to be overnighted. Now I get that all sorts of UPS employees are full of misinformation when it comes to firearms but that's what I was told.

Long guns can be shipped ground, but has to go to an FFL.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long guns can be shipped ground, but has to go to an FFL.

I've shipped long guns a few times for repair or tube fittings in O/U shotguns. Since it was going out of state I had to ship to an FFL. I shipped UPS Ground from the UPS customer service center in OKC. They were knowledgeable and treated the shipment like something they do everyday. Be sure to insure the value of the gun - wrecks and total loss do happen.

Last edited:

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't do it that way.

Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account (specifically, Daily Pickup, Daily On-Route Pickup, UPS Smart Pickup®, and Day-Specific Pickup), or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). Note:Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes or UPS On-Call Pickup®, and may not be tendered to or dropped off at locations of The UPS Store®, any third party retailer, or any UPS Access Point™ location.
Bs I ship guns often through UPS. I print a label and hand it to the driver on our block. He scans it two minutes later I check online and there is the tracking number. How would UPS even know it's a firearm?

Latest posts

Top Bottom