How true is this...gents be honest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the BMI calculator, I should try to get down to 168 pounds.

F that.

As of today, I am down 21 pounds in just about a month. No way in hell will I ever, nor would I want to make it down to 168. I honestly think I would look terrible. BMI calculators don't take into account bone structure, muscle mass, etc. I have patients who have a BMI of 35 ("morbidly obese") but are actually in extremely good shape, mainly due to muscle mass from weightlifting.

I want to get down under 200, probably in the 180-190 range I THINK. I'm really not sure what my end goal is, it'll depend on how I feel, how I look, etc. But as of today, I am within 2 pounds of my lowest weight in my adult life, I believe. Back in 2012-2014 I had gotten down to 211 when my wife and I were separated and today I am at 213. I don't think I have been lower than the 211 since I got out of high school, or if so, not beyond the first year or so.

So essentially, I'm going to continue to work my way down until I feel good, look good (ok... "acceptable", lol), and want to eat again. lol

Oh, and for the record, Ozempic is amazing stuff. And I'm still on the lowest 0.25mg titration dosage. :ooh2:

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the BMI calculator, I should try to get down to 168 pounds.

F that.

As of today, I am down 21 pounds in just about a month. No way in hell will I ever, nor would I want to make it down to 168. I honestly think I would look terrible. BMI calculators don't take into account bone structure, muscle mass, etc. I have patients who have a BMI of 35 ("morbidly obese") but are actually in extremely good shape, mainly due to muscle mass from weightlifting.

I want to get down under 200, probably in the 180-190 range I THINK. I'm really not sure what my end goal is, it'll depend on how I feel, how I look, etc. But as of today, I am within 2 pounds of my lowest weight in my adult life, I believe. Back in 2012-2014 I had gotten down to 211 when my wife and I were separated and today I am at 213. I don't think I have been lower than the 211 since I got out of high school, or if so, not beyond the first year or so.

So essentially, I'm going to continue to work my way down until I feel good, look good (ok... "acceptable", lol), and want to eat again. lol

Oh, and for the record, Ozempic is amazing stuff. And I'm still on the lowest 0.25mg titration dosage. :ooh2:

Yea the BMI puts me around 165 or some crap like that....Ill be happy just south of 200.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

I'm in a self pay situation and at $800 or so I'll have to pass.
182c5863944d0cd803e234ba207c71a9.jpg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never gained weight after H.S. till I got a desk job around 25 years old. Then I packed on the weight like a bear getting ready for winter the next couple years. My wife was tiny when I married her. Before pregnancy she was never over 95# her whole life. My kids should thank me for adding the skinny gene to their DNA. Cause on my side of the family it doesn't exist. I did loose 60# when my daughter was born and got back to HS weight. Then a back injury derailed that. Its tough to stay thin when you can't exercise like a mad man. Its pretty simple less calories in or burn them suckers off. Funny thing is I have lost the same 30-40# numerous times. I just always seem to find it within the next year. Loosing is the easy part keeping off that's the trouble.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never gained weight after H.S. till I got a desk job around 25 years old. Then I packed on the weight like a bear getting ready for winter the next couple years. My wife was tiny when I married her. Before pregnancy she was never over 95# her whole life. My kids should thank me for adding the skinny gene to their DNA. Cause on my side of the family it doesn't exist. I did loose 60# when my daughter was born and got back to HS weight. Then a back injury derailed that. Its tough to stay thin when you can't exercise like a mad man. Its pretty simple less calories in or burn them suckers off. Funny thing is I have lost the same 30-40# numerous times. I just always seem to find it within the next year. Loosing is the easy part keeping off that's the trouble.

Ed Zachary. Dieting doesn't work, if you want to keep weight off, a lifestyle change is the only way to do it. Something you can sustain, not a diet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I graduated high school in 1964, I was 5' 8" and weighed 135 lbs. Went into Basic Training in January of 1966 and was told they would take weight off of me and have me in better shape than I ever was. I gained 10 lbs and was in worse shape based on the results of the three PT tests we took over the course of Basic. (They didn't know that I was bucking bales on the farm just prior to joining the Army.)

Hung onto the 145 lbs until sometime in the late '80's/early '90's and gained maybe 5 pounds. Along came April of 2003 and I quit smoking...

...now weigh about 227 lbs. Wife and I have both been trying to lose weight (I have lost 10 pounds), and she wants me down to about 190.
I graduated HS and wrestled on the team since Junior High. Entering into basic training at 145 lbs and 6', looked like a bean pole waiting to happen.
DS also told me they would put some muscle and weight on me. After the wrestling program in the winter and bucking hay bales all summer the old fashion way in the summers, they pretty much didn't add a pound or take one away.
My downfall to hit my current weight was learning to cook after getting married to the first one. She could burn water with a full pot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom