How was it possible that “Assault Rifle” ban took place back in “94?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a newspaper article from 2004
2004.jpg
2004 pt 2.jpg

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you vote remember what got Clinton elected, you have a choice, you can vote with your heart or vote with your head.

William F Buckley said, "I’d be for the most right, viable candidate who could win.”

In '92 lot's of conservatives were unhappy with what they had, they split away and voted for Perot, those unhappy conservatives were even more unhappy with what they got.

Clinton won by 6% in the popular vote.

Ross Perot got 18% of the popular vote.

But hey, at least that Bush guy didn't win.

Say hello to the '94 AWB.
Yep - I was young, stupid, and lacked life experience when I voted for Perot. I regret that decision. It makes me wonder how many young, stupid, and lacking life experience voters are out there today.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
John Lott has lots of data on the impact this alleged ban had. The liars today are stating mass shootings went down. Anyone who has seen an accomplished shooter change mags knows the 10 round limit isn’t effective either. The Edmond post office shooter used a 1911 with 7 round mags. Data doesn’t stop politicians and gun grabbers from trying to pass more restrictive legislation.

Spitfire

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The AWB didn't have any effect on violent crime, but it had the unintended effect of putting far more "assault weapons" on the street after it expired than if it had never been enacted. Before the AWB, ARs and AKs were a niche market. Most "sportsman" firearm owners had no use for or interest in them, and despite what seem like ridiculously cheap prices in retrospect, they didn't sell in large numbers. But it did rile folks up that their right to buy and own a whole category of guns had been stripped away, and, Americans being Americans, being told we can't have something makes us want it more.
So when the ban expired, there was a huge pent up demand from people wanting buy one to give a middle finger to government, as an "investment" they could sell for a big profit the next time a ban was enacted, or just to see what the fuss was about. That created an industry to serve the demand, many folks who bought one "just because they could' soon realized they were fun and handy prompting them to buy more, and every subsequent ban scare has created a new buying frenzy. The net result has been that what were once fringe firearms of interest to only a small percentage of gun owners, now dominate the market.

Funny I did the exact same thing recently. A lot of talk about banning AR pistols so I went out and bought 2. Didn't really need them but if the government says I can't have them I'm gonna do my best to get them. Just sticking it to the man.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I remember about the '90's was that Clinton enacted new taxes, signed the ban bill, and tried to do a universal health care plan.

He was elected in 1992 and had a congressional majority. He also ended up with a Republican congress in 1994. Much of the so-called "credit" that he got for good economics numbers was because he had a Republican congress for six years of his presidency.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember Glock 17 and 22 mags were probably the most popular at that time, selling for absolutely stupid prices. Well over $100 each. I saw 33rd Glock 18 mags go for damn near $275!

As an LEO, I could still get Glock 22 mags for 20 bucks, but Ithey were marked LE/GOVT USE ONLY. I also had to have a signed letterhead from my chief and I could only purchase 3 at a time.
Friend and I used to have tables at the Washington Arms Collectors show in Puyallup, WA back in the 90's before the feces hit the fan on the Clinton ban. We had previously bought a five hundred case of Bakelite 30 round mags. It was like Christmas in July when word came down of the Ban. We sold the mags for $6 to $8 a piece and bought AK's for like $220. a piece. I also bought two NIB FN/FNC's. I gave one to my Son in Texas who ended up selling it about ten years ago. Other went to my Nurse daughter in PA. she says she will never get rid of it. FN/FNC's are great rifles but a little to heavy for some. Hindsight is 20/20 in this case.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember before the AWB when a brand new SKS was like 69.99 (may have been wholesale cost, not sure). As for Perot, a vote for him was in fact a vote for Clinton, but that's the problem we still have. It's hard to get anyone who "really" wants freedom elected. Both Bush 41 and 43 were globalists...the later one caused the deaths of many Christians. Our side is mostly just as bad as the dems, and I'm sure plenty would support an AWB if they thought they could still be re-elected. My 2 cents.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did they even manage to actually ban “Assault Rifles” back then? How did you guys back then feel about that? Do you miss it? Lol
To many Democrats. That’s how the Assault weapons ban got through. And they paid heavily for their Anti Constitution overreach. They lost the house and senate by a large number. Democrats at that time learned that the 2A was a hot issue

We didn’t have mass mail out ballots and massive fraud back then like now. It was harder for Democrats to cheat. Hopefully there is another red wave this time around. But we also heard that was going to happen in 2020, and saw what happened.

I was a young 19 year old sailor when the ban went through in 94. I had no real interest in any of the so called rifles. I had a single barrel break shotgun and a cap and ball pistol. Only other rifle I wanted was a lever action rifle. As time went buy my interest in other firearms grew and my distrust of Democrats given reason. Watching what they did in California from 94 to present and the infringement of their rights as time went buy was the blue print of other Anti American Democrats future goals.

Democrats suck and their feel good knee jerk legislation screws things up 99.99% of the time. Has predictable unintended consequences.

The Constitution was wrote so it could be understood by anyone. Even to this day. Just because technology advances does not mean one looses their rights. The original 10 Amendments to the bill of rights are restrictions on the government. All of them. The Government has no say what so ever. If it is Unconstitutional then it is illegal.

But you have bone heads like this last Friday that think they have the authority to violate law. Like the Pelosi assault weapons ban. Illegal.

How do I feel about illegal Democrat overreach of the past and present and do I miss it? Sure I miss it, I miss it about as much as walking bare footed with the lights out in the middle of the night for a trip to the rest room and stepping in dog shite.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom