Howa Mini Action Rifle and 6.5 Grendel input.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know how I missed this thread. I’ve been buying 6.5 CR in 129gr bullet weights(cause that’s what I can find) pulling the bullets,seating them in my Grendel brass and reloading 140’s in the CR rounds with no powder changes from the factory. I’ve got a couple boxes ready to see how they do.
As to the question, I love the idea of the Grendel. Fast,flat,low recoil. I’m going to try to get a doe early on with the AR in G this year.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two AR's in 6.5 grendel. One is an all out build with a thermal scope and one is a budget build with a night vision scope. I have taken two deer and the Hornady factory 123 SST does a good job. I am running low on the factory ammo and just started reloading. I replaced my Remington model 7 in 7-08mm and so far have been pleased. I built them to shoot hogs but haven't seen any since I built them.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two AR's in 6.5 grendel. One is an all out build with a thermal scope and one is a budget build with a night vision scope. I have taken two deer and the Hornady factory 123 SST does a good job. I am running low on the factory ammo and just started reloading. I replaced my Remington model 7 in 7-08mm and so far have been pleased. I built them to shoot hogs but haven't seen any since I built them.

Hahaha...I know it is completely unintentional man, but your post reads like all you really shot with your thermal setup is two deer so far. 😄

FWIW, the Grendel is very capable on hogs. There are quite a few good bullet options, but the 123 SST should be used as a gold standard. Hope you find a bunch of them somewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom