Howa Mini Action Rifle and 6.5 Grendel input.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Found some nice replacement stocks and chassis systems for the mini.. but I noticed the magazine thing in a lot of people’s pictures.. that’s just about a deal killer for me. I wish they took AR mags.
20200327_164111.jpg

Mine takes AR mags and shoots great! :cool: Grendel is a great round. 123 gr SST and AR comp is what I reload with. Rifle is way better than I will ever need lol.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6.5 Grendel is a legitimate do-it-all intermediate cartridge. I don't own one, but built an AR for a buddy in it that shoots like a dream. Never used it in a bolt rifle, but I have only heard good things about it.

As for the Howa Minis, I like 'em a lot. I have one in 223 and 7.62x39. My 223 sits in a B&C stock that's the bees knees...the 7.62x39 is still in the factory offering. The factory stocks aren't terrible, aren't great either. Oryx makes decent aftermarket stocks if you like the pistol grip style.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found some nice replacement stocks and chassis systems for the mini.. but I noticed the magazine thing in a lot of people’s pictures.. that’s just about a deal killer for me. I wish they took AR mags.
Only one I know of for AR mags is the Ruger American Predator. The Ranch is too short for your desires. Maybe the Mossberg takes AR mags, but can’t remember. But I hear the Mossbergs can be spotty.
The Ruger stock leaves a lot to be desired. Like mentioned I’ll be upgrading it ASAP.

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessor...uger-american-stanag.html?mp_global_color=118

Last edited:

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s why I haven’t done it. All my Grendels are inexpensive.

But, then you’d have to deal with a Sig….

Lol

I did see a different chassis that I liked, for alot less, but as far as I can tell it's not sold separately from the barreled action. Or, maybe not in America. There's a place in Australia selling them, which is not helpful.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 6.5 Grendel is an extremely underrated cartridge. Extremely efficient for velocity, energy, and range for the weight of the powder charge. Capable of reaching 1K yards with the right load, and a legitimate 300 yard hunting cartridge with the right bullet...all with about half the recoil of a .308.

As GlockPride stated: The biggest downside is factory ammo right now.

I have considered a bolt Grendel rifle myself, but am currently only rocking an AR in that chambering right now.
Thinking of selling my NIB VEPR in 6.5 Grendel. I have had it for years and never shot it. I have a Alexander Arms Rifle with a Gas Piston Upper that is a long range rifle easily out distancing the .308. A few NATO Member Nations are using the 6.5 for their Sniper Teams and they will shoot easily to 1000 yards and beyond accurately.

Jro1980

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thinking of selling my NIB VEPR in 6.5 Grendel. I have had it for years and never shot it. I have a Alexander Arms Rifle with a Gas Piston Upper that is a long range rifle easily out distancing the .308. A few NATO Member Nations are using the 6.5 for their Sniper Teams and they will shoot easily to 1000 yards and beyond accurately.
How much would you let that Vepr in 6.5 go for?

Latest posts

Top Bottom