HP-38, Win 231 and other pistol powders in stock.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At Gene Sears. If you can't make it out, you can buy it from 3rd generation shooting supply on line, then pick it up in person. They also have Autocomp, HS-6 etc. I know it's been a while since 231 has been in, figured I'd spread the word.

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that's good to hear, the last i heard W231 had been discontinued, i was told HS6 was identical to 231 so i wasn't really worried
several of my 12g shotgun loads use the 231, i guess i'll need to make a trip to elreno

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last time I was at Gene Sears, I was looking for a plain box of 38 special to shoot in an older revolver, not the +P stuff. Don't know what made it so rare, but they wanted $56.00 for a box of fifty. Unless they sold it to some DA that had more money than brains, they still have it.

I used to make a trip out there about every three months cause they had some good deals. Don't know if they got caught up in the gouging frenzy a few years back or what happened, but I don't see any reason to go back.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I was at Gene Sears, I was looking for a plain box of 38 special to shoot in an older revolver, not the +P stuff. Don't know what made it so rare, but they wanted $56.00 for a box of fifty. Unless they sold it to some DA that had more money than brains, they still have it.

I used to make a trip out there about every three months cause they had some good deals. Don't know if they got caught up in the gouging frenzy a few years back or what happened, but I don't see any reason to go back.

That's funny, because I went through a bunch of Precision Delta 38 special from Gene Sears when ammo was scarce. Sears is probably the only place I've found that DOESN'T gouge.

And yes, 231 and HP38 are the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom