Hummingbird 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw my 1st hummer today....they are about 2 weeks late at my home but might have been here as I haven't been looking out the window as much as my mother did.....she usually saw the first one.....I'm missing her keen eye for the little birds

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is from my window at home where I sit all day long when working. Seems like they are at feeder every couple minutes. Video is 53 seconds long

D899A458-5157-4377-8CBE-AA7B90E21F4D.jpeg

992ABB3B-F679-4701-8F37-92429A6BFBFA.jpeg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We go 3 days and change out the food. You might try using distilled water? We scrub ours out pretty good when we change the food. It grows funk pretty quick.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We go 3 days and change out the food. You might try using distilled water? We scrub ours out pretty good when we change the food. It grows funk pretty quick.
Something this year seems a little different. Last year I could go at least a week, if not 10 days, before the nectar in the feeder started having a tint of green (I use filtered water) to it. This year, so far, it’s looking like I need to clean and change the nectar every 4 or 5 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom