Hummingbirds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We noticed yesterday that we have some of these guys hitting our hummingbird feeders pretty hard. Not seen them before but they are a neat bird. I just hope they don't run off the hummers...

BullocksOriole.jpg

Attachments

• BullocksOriole.jpg
    BullocksOriole.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 78

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We noticed yesterday that we have some of these guys hitting our hummingbird feeders pretty hard. Not seen them before but they are a neat bird. I just hope they don't run off the hummers...
View attachment 100591
Orioles.! They like sweet things as well. They make oriole feeders, I believe. I've also seen people cut oranges in half for them to peck on, however I don't know if that works.

If you've seen a Bullock's oriole(pictured) you're lucky as that's pretty much a Western bird. He do however have the Baltimore and Orchard oriole in thru the Summer.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 100591

I have one that is hitting my hummingbird feeders hard. He won't even touch the suet blocks or seed feeders. The hummingbirds are still coming around. They all seem to have different schedules.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just had a ruby throat female come through. The wife and I were on the deck, I think we startled her because she sat on a branch real quick and buzzed off. At least she found us.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had our second today. She fed for a long time; probably just got to town after a long flight. She was the biggest one I've ever seen. Maybe it was a Rufous.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've had 3 resident hummingbirds all summer. Today, they are nowhere to be seen. Looks like winter is on the way. I'll miss them.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've had a full season of them. Watched 3 of them, just before the rain. Wife recognizes them and loves to see them battle over the feeders.
They should be leaving soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom