Hunt hogs at night?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.eregulations.com/oklahoma/hunting/hog-regulations/

Hogs may be taken year-round on private land during daylight hours or at night with permission from the private property owner, lessee or occupant of the land.

The pursuit of feral hogs with a shotgun on private property is not restricted by shot size. There is no restriction on method of take of feral hogs on private property.

• Resident & Nonresident License Requirements: No hunting license required. All persons pursuing hogs during any big game gun or muzzleloader seasons with a shotgun and rifled slug, or any rifle or handgun larger than .22 caliber rimfire, must possess either a filled or unfilled license appropriate for that particular big game gun or muzzleloader season, unless otherwise exempt.
If I have my FIL's permission to hunt hogs on his farm, I can hunt at night with no license?

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need a hunting license, file for the night permit via ODWC website and can't hunt them during deer muzzleloader or rifle seasons, at night. Double check me on the muzzleloader bit. I'm sure about regular gun season.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on when, you didn't specify dates that you plan on night hunting.
You will need the night time exemption permit. Landowners are not prohibited during deer season but must notify GW in advance.
In short you might want to get clarification from your local game warden.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
899AEE2C-2CAB-4BA5-9E01-914A9F1CB79C.jpeg
Mine aren’t too concerned about night hunting. They’ve learned I struggle with early mornings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom