Hunting knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I use McCroskey's exclusively. I have gutted, skinned and Quartered 8 deer before touching up the blade, not sharpening it, just touching it up.. 1 blade does it all. It is custom fitted to my hand too at no extra charge.
Post some photos! The photos on his website aren't the best.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buck 110 has always went to the field with me and last year I added a Buck 113. Also Have been looking at the vanguard that 1shott listed after handling one a couple weeks ago............... May be partial to Bucks so bias is applied liberally. 🙂
Those Buck Knife black Micarta handles are slicker than snot once into blood.....not my choice anymore. Like their 102 with the rubber covered handle. Skinned many deer with it.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prefer to use my custom made from a buddy in CO when elk hunting. The Helle blade just works incredibly well. Sorry for the blurry picture - only one I had close by.
knife 1.jpg
Also started using the Havalon with disposable scalpel blades and was impressed. Plus, I don't sharpen knives very well so 'disposable' sounded pretty good.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well my wife heard about my need for a skinning knife and ended up with this Winkler x Case knife. It’s beautiful and I am sure this will outlast me.

It didn’t come with a sheathe so may need to figure that part out. If anyone locally makes sheathes, I’d love to chat.
Like that Case. Where you located

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prefer to use my custom made from a buddy in CO when elk hunting. The Helle blade just works incredibly well. Sorry for the blurry picture - only one I had close by.View attachment 226609 Also started using the Havalon with disposable scalpel blades and was impressed. Plus, I don't sharpen knives very well so 'disposable' sounded pretty good.
First three I made were just like that all my buddy and son got one I still have my very first one I carry when hunting

Latest posts

Top Bottom