Hunting Lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the last 2 years I have had 2 diffrent leases in 2 diffrent parts of the state. They both have cameras stolen off them. I went out last Saturday and founfd out they stole 2 of my cameras and a ground blind. They also stole one of my buddies cameras. What else are they stealing the resources of the lease (Deer, Turkey, Hogs)?

Is this a problem of the leases I'm choosing or is this a problem of leases in general?

I hate thieves and poachers they are pieces of junk!

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happens everywhere. Buy cheaper cameras or put them on trails rather than over feeders, plots, etc. I have seen some fit the smaller cam's into "birdhouses" that look are virtually bird houses who's holes are placed where the cam gets pics. Put birdhouses all over for $5 a pop and lazy thieves won't think about it.

Also, curious to know what area you are in. With the oilfield play in NW Ok , thefts including ground blinds, cams, feeders, etc are up as rough crews get free reign of pastures while they lay lines, wells, etc. They see that crap and come back later. Also, new cams are being made that will not light up therefore you could hide them along roads and catch who comes in. Also, other cams are being made that are 2 part. The cam is set up but it sends the pic via wireless to a receiver hidden several yards away. I guess if they steal it, you lose a camera but you have them on camera.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang Batchman that sucks, I have been pretty lucky so far not to have anything stolen, knock on wood, last year I did find two ground blinds and a ladder stand that someone put up on my farm, I took them down and waited to see if someone would claim them but they never did. And I agree...I hate thieves and poachers as well.....

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this was a popup groundblind, then I respectively say the fault is somewhat on you. They advertise that they setup in under a couple of minutes. No way I leave one in field overnight.

Swine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain, we've had 3 cams stolen but then started putting them off to the sides of trails and using a 20' extenstion ladder to put them up HIGH. Pretty sure its someone local that is trespassing on our place.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
can you get a sort of renter insurance policy on a hunting lease? I have never heard of it but some folks thaat i know and people on here sometimes have lot of money tied up in equipment that is out there unattended alot of the time.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this was a popup groundblind, then I respectively say the fault is somewhat on you. They advertise that they setup in under a couple of minutes. No way I leave one in field overnight.

Your saying It's HIS fault for leaving HIS blind up on HIS lease? I hope I am misunderstanding you. It doesn't matter if it's a pop-up blind, a permanent blind, or a stick of gum. If it's his property no one should take it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I leave a lot of stuff in the field. Seems the ser have left my area, so there won't be anybody looking.

I agree with the increase drilling crews.
Last time I talked to the drill pusher, none of his crew couldn't speak English

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We've had camaras stolen, so i quit putting them out, had a nice 2 man ladder stand stolen, even had a steel gate stolen.

Theives suck, poachers suck.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I leave a lot of stuff in the field. Seems the ser have left my area, so there won't be anybody looking.

I agree with the increase drilling crews.
Last time I talked to the drill pusher, none of his crew couldn't speak English

I've been in Grant co for almost 10 years and have never had and real issues
Til this year! Had a cam and feeder stolen. Just so happens a lot of wells are going up in our area, one popped up last year on the same mile section our lease is on...

Latest posts

Top Bottom