Hunting Rifles - Need a new one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F$&@ the .308!!! I've lost more deer with that than you can count. Get a 30-06 and be done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is only 200 fps difference. In the real world, that doesn't really make any difference depending on the range given the bullet enters the same area.
Edit: if you're using the correct bullet for the game.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is only 200 fps difference. In the real world, that doesn't really make any difference depending on the range given the bullet enters the same area.
Edit: if you're using the correct bullet for the game.

Edit: the only .308 bullets that I could get to group were federal gold medal and Hornady match, not a hunting bullet but shot under 1 inch, everything else was 3 inch plus! Choose your poison or get a 30-06!

MisterGrubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edit: the only .308 bullets that I could get to group were federal gold medal and Hornady matchZ not a hunting bullet bet shot under 1 inch, everything else was 3 inch plus! Choose your poison or get a 30-06!

The hell rifle are you shooting?

I've owned multiple CHEAP savages that would shoot every load under the sun at 1.5 or better

Latest posts

Top Bottom