Husqvarna rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I brought one back from Europe in 71. Mine was .270 and was a beautiful rifle. But, with the European drop to the stock it kicked like a mule. Mine had a classic foreend.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30-06. I would have been really fired up had it been a less common caliber. It's still a classic though. I'm thinking late 60's. Tradewinds quit importing them in 71 and another company started the importation.
You have way too many nice toys.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the pics (really need a good pic of the right side of the action) but it appears to be built on a commercial FN Mauser action. Husqvarna did use a modified bolt stop (as did Browning on the rifles it sold under the "High Power" moniker, which were also built on FN commercial Mauser actions) that differs from the usual Mauser "box" style bolt stop. The give away on a commercial FN Mauser action is a two-position sliding safety inletted in the stock on the right side just behind the bolt handle. FN furnished the actions, Husky the barrels and stocks, IIRC.

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Further research suggests that Husky used FN commercial actions up until the early 1950's, before designing the HVA action around 1953. These were modified small ring Mauser actions, having a different bolt stop and ejector. Being a small ring action sized for the .30-'06 class of cartridges, the HVA action has long been considered a prime candidate for a custom sporting rifle. Chuck Hawks has a couple of online articles about the HVA action and its suitability as the basis of a custom rifle.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks MM, I haven't had it to the range yet. I'm hoping it shoots as good as it looks.
I don't know the twist rate so I have some different bullet weights loaded up.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That really is a nice looking rifle. Looking forward to a range report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom