Hydro dip questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been thinking about having my little handi rifle hydro dipped & have a few questions. I know cerakote is better but it's not feasible for this gun right now.

(1) Is the hydro dip film very durable or at least more durable than spray paint.

(2) do they have to completely disassemble the rifle, I'd assume so but idk.

(4) If I just did the stock pieces would I have to sand it down because it has a texture on the stock about like an orange peel.

(4) Any guesses on the cost for the gun or just the stock pieces locally

(5) who around Tulsa does it that you have actual experience with

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t believe in adding or doing anything to a weapon outside of making it function dependability/better, better accuracy. Never been into them for looks. But hey! It is your weapon and moola!

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had several dipped. I do believe it to be more durable than a rattle can job, most likely bc the pros usually use a high quality clear coat over the dip.

It will need to be disassembled.

The texture on the stock shouldn’t be an issue. It may get sanded some anyway before applying the primer coat.

Its been several years since I had any done and it was $100-$150 average everywhere I checked.

The place I used doesn’t do it anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom