Hypothetical conflict

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We're doomed. I presume we given I think we're all the same side, should make a steady effort to work within the system while simultaneously preparing for the inevitable.

+100

The 10th ammendmant...I know things have happened that prevents the 10th ammendmant from being upheld, I guess be cause we take federal funds for highways and such. Following the OP's scenario, the freakin president of the United States should stand up and say "Things have gotten out of hand and going forward, every law, or every bill that has been passed that does not fall under the constitution, we will return to the states so that they can decide, we will cancel Social Security, there is nothing social or secure in that anyway, there will be no more medicare, or medicade, we will dismantle the department of education, and return to the people their money because they do not need big government as their babysitter. We will put a stop to any more of the TARP funds going out and being wasted because we know we cannot spend our way out of debt, any money that has been given to states and wasted on such projects as tatoo removal (california) will be paid back, because today is the day of change, today is the day that the office of the president of the United States will uphold and defend the United States Constitution against all enemies, foreign and primarily domestic".

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+100

The 10th ammendmant...I know things have happened that prevents the 10th ammendmant from being upheld, I guess be cause we take federal funds for highways and such.

Yeah, we take money from the Fed.gov for those things but stop and think for a second about where that money comes from...US!

TunnelRat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the first step is to find other like minded individuals. The second step is to get those individuals involved and organized. The third step I presume is to draft a list of things we can do legally within the system to change things. Once that is brainstormed and established with all the ideas (letter writing, petitioning etc) we can do to work within the system it should be sticky posted in General Discussion. Then the list should be passed around the internet and even printed and handed out to like minded individuals.

Before the Continental Congress did anything they tried as hard as they could albeit in vain to work within the system. The first thing they and the Sons of Liberty did was organize...

That's what we do.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well the first step is to find other like minded individuals. The second step is to get those individuals involved and organized. The third step I presume is to draft a list of things we can do legally within the system to change things. Once that is brainstormed and established with all the ideas (letter writing, petitioning etc) we can do to work within the system it should be sticky posted in General Discussion. Then the list should be passed around the internet and even printed and handed out to like minded individuals.

Before the Continental Congress did anything they tried as hard as they could albeit in vain to work within the system. The first thing they and the Sons of Liberty did was organize...

That's what we do.

I agree with all of this. Maybe having a 3 day weekend gave me too much time to think, but I am very concerned about my future and the future of the United States. I have so many questions about what has really been going on in this country for the last 60-70 years my head feels like it is swimming.

There was quite a bit of imformation to be had at the Tea Party. Here are a couple of links for some information and organizations.

http://okvoterchoice.org/
http://okc912project.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-home.cgi?d=okc-912-project
http://soonerteaparty.org/

The 912Project is having a meeting in Moore at Earls Rib Palace on the 23rd, I'm seriously thinking about going to this.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 'Rats are right. Until we as a people stand up and say "enough" as a large group, nothing is going to change. It isn't enough to just vote your conscience anymore. Those who believe that "well, I voted what else can I do?" are never going to see their beliefs through to fruition. Unless they fall in line with radical, liberal group that has been in power now for years.

I would really like to see the emergence of a new political party in the US. Instead of Dems, Reps, and Inds I would like to see a party that takes the best of all of the parties ( yes, they all do have SOME good in them, I think) and create a Conservative party. The premise of this party would be what is best for the people and our country with a minimum of interference from big brother. Obviously this isn't something that could spring up overnight, but I believe that enough people are fed up with everything that is going on in Washington now that it could survive. I have never donated to a political party before, but I believe I would in a situation such as this.

Is anyone else curious how far a private organization could go in supporting conservative views before big bro decided to villianize it and try to tie it to criminal activity or less than honorable groups (ie.. KKK, Panthers, Aryan Nation)? I believe they would be scared s#$%less!

GolfWhiskey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly! THeres nothing I hate more than when someone claims who they are voting for, then has no idea where they stand. I think we all saw this with the Obama election. out of the 60+ million votes he received I would be willing to bet that no more than 10% knew any of the issues, well other than "Change".

Those are some scientific numbers right there. Was it gut instinct that made you come up with the arbitrary 10%, or do you just like nice, round numbers?

Is there any way to enact voter registration testing? Topics could be history, constitution, current afairs, etc... With this in place the GOP would never lose!

This is especially hilarious given that Obama's margin of victory in the election corresponded positively to education levels. Also, affairs is spelled with two 'f's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom