I’m an Okie!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s official I’m an Okie! Moved back yesterday from the Communist state of Illinois. I can’t tell y’all how utterly ecstatic the wife and I are to be back. I’m not originally from here. I got out of the military in 2007 and got stuck in a rain storm when we were driving through Norman. Stayed for 13 years. Had to sell the house and move to Illinois a couple years ago due to serious health problems. I’m good to go now and I absolutely LOVE Oklahoma. I’ve never met better people anywhere in my life! God is good! Hope y’all have a great day!
I was born in Illinois and after 20 yrs I went back for a visit. My nephew took me to a an Illinois "gun show" where I was accosted and yelled at for the crime of trying to look at a gun for sale. The dealers yelled at me than unless I had an out-of-state I.D. or an Illinois "FOIA" card (their way to illegally register all gun owners) I was not allowed to TOUCH ANYTHING! Also although tiny by Oklahoma standards they had two police officers roaming around, giving the stink eye to any and all transactions. I did buy a OTF switchblade there that the dealer told me was illegal and to wait til the gestapo/policeman wasn't looking to pay for. i don't know how that worked as he had a whole table full of them. Anyway, yeah it's a full blown commie state. God bless Oklahoma.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was born in Illinois and after 20 yrs I went back for a visit. My nephew took me to a an Illinois "gun show" where I was accosted and yelled at for the crime of trying to look at a gun for sale. The dealers yelled at me than unless I had an out-of-state I.D. or an Illinois "FOIA" card (their way to illegally register all gun owners) I was not allowed to TOUCH ANYTHING! Also although tiny by Oklahoma standards they had two police officers roaming around, giving the stink eye to any and all transactions. I did buy a OTF switchblade there that the dealer told me was illegal and to wait til the gestapo/policeman wasn't looking to pay for. i don't know how that worked as he had a whole table full of them. Anyway, yeah it's a full blown commie state. God bless Oklahoma.
That’s funny. I was stationed there for my last year in the Navy, and had my FOID card. Ended up moving here and went back to Illinois to visit. Went into a gun shop while I was there and they ask me if I had my FOID and I still had it in my wallet so I showed it to them. Then I fondled some guns and I told them I moved to Oklahoma. I thought they were all going to have a stroke! LOL! I’ve never seen people freak out like that. Oh, yeah the knives are 3 inches limit, unbelievable. I felt naked up there it was just un-American.

Latest posts

Top Bottom