I’m an Okie!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I moved here in 2018 from Cali. The day my daughter graduated I turned to my wife and said, we can now move out of this state. But she was unwilling to move away from her mom and dad, let alone my daughter. Her dad died 15 years ago, her mom died in 2018 @ 97. The next month we were in Oklahoma looking at houses and bought one and moved here the month after. Now my daughter's family plans on moving here. So it took me 26 years to get here and here I am staying. I already bought cemetery plots.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I moved here in 2018 from Cali. The day my daughter graduated I turned to my wife and said, we can now move out of this state. But she was unwilling to move away from her mom and dad, let alone my daughter. Her dad died 15 years ago, her mom died in 2018 @ 97. The next month we were in Oklahoma looking at houses and bought one and moved here the month after. Now my daughter's family plans on moving here. So it took me 26 years to get here and here I am staying. I already bought cemetery plots.

Your story reminds me of what happened several years ago. We were at the Diffee Ford dealership in El Reno having some service done on one of our vehicles and struck up a conversation with a gentleman in the waiting room that was with his daughter. He explained to us that they were heading back to California but that they were taking steps to move from there to Oklahoma. He told us that in CA, all people cared to know about anyone was "how much money you made."

The wife and I have traveled a good bit and even lived in our RV in Colorado, Oregon, and Utah, but Oklahoma was always considered as home, and we knew we would be returning here at some point. We headed off on those travels in 2014 and returned to OK in 2018.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s official I’m an Okie! Moved back yesterday from the Communist state of Illinois. I can’t tell y’all how utterly ecstatic the wife and I are to be back. I’m not originally from here. I got out of the military in 2007 and got stuck in a rain storm when we were driving through Norman. Stayed for 13 years. Had to sell the house and move to Illinois a couple years ago due to serious health problems. I’m good to go now and I absolutely LOVE Oklahoma. I’ve never met better people anywhere in my life! God is good! Hope y’all have a great day!
Congratulations on your sucessful ESCAPE! When all the Americans leave these communist nations like Illinois, California, etc. were will they get the tax money needed to support all the spoiled brats, and crooked politicians?

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations on your sucessful ESCAPE! When all the Americans leave these communist nations like Illinois, California, etc. were will they get the tax money needed to support all the spoiled brats, and crooked politicians?
I’m just hoping that we don’t attract all the liberals from these communist nations.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! That awesome that you’re here. I lived in SoCal for a long time (86-2000) on Camp Pendleton, CA with the Marines. Never been so poor in my life. Loved the area and the food, but scraping by got old. You made a great choice coming here, that’s for sure!

Latest posts

Top Bottom