I’m noticing a lot of people getting rid of pistol braces before December.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if someone goes through the eforms process will the ATF ultimately want pictures to verify the use of a brace and add some stipulation that you can't put on a stock after you get the stamp.
Since the someone you mention would be registering an AR pistol with a brace as a short barreled rifle, I don't think it would matter. It is not the "brace" that is being registered-- the SBR is.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since the someone you mention would be registering an AR pistol with a brace as a short barreled rifle, I don't think it would matter. It is not the "brace" that is being registered-- the SBR is.
True, but I figured they'd want their pound of flesh if you add the stock since they gave you a "free" stamp with conditions, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is, I wouldn't put it past them to make a stink about it on down the road.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t have FB, what was his basic message?
He's instructed his deputies not to enforce anything related to the brace rule unless the AR pistol is in use during a crime. If they encounter someone with an AR pistol equipped with a brace during a traffic stop they won't be enforcing or checking anything. They also won't participate in confiscation activities if ATF moves in that direction.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's instructed his deputies not to enforce anything related to the brace rule unless the AR pistol is in use during a crime. If they encounter someone with an AR pistol equipped with a brace during a traffic stop they won't be enforcing or checking anything. They also won't participate in confiscation activities if ATF moves in that direction.

My guess is that this will be case for many state and local agencies. They aren’t going to enforce the ATF ruling unless you’re caught in the act of some other serious crime.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is that this will be case for many state and local agencies. They aren’t going to enforce the ATF ruling unless you’re caught in the act of some other serious crime.

Many sheriff departments in Illinois are saying that they won't enforce that state's new AR ban. Last I heard, something 88% of the sheriffs in the state are refusing.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many sheriff departments in Illinois are saying that they won't enforce that state's new AR ban. Last I heard, something 88% of the sheriffs in the state are refusing.

I’m pretty sure the same thing happened in CO with their ban on “high capacity” magazines.

Most of these laws and rulings are nearly impossible to enforce on law abiding people.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad he isn’t instructing his deputies to not enforce all gun laws like he should. I love how they are more than happy to infringe on the 2A as long as Congress made it a “law”. I suggest him and his deputies do some self reflection and also some research.

Latest posts

Top Bottom