I’m ready. I finally ordered my reloading stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it’s a bad time to get into reloading, but it’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. Since getting my suppressors, I plan on reloading subsonic rounds for my 9mm and 308, as well as standard velocity rounds. I’ll eventually work on precise loads for my 6.5cm down the road. I will be using this as a single station until I get comfortable with everything.

I ordered the Lee Classic Turret press as I thought this would be a good place to start. I’ll be reloading 9mm, .223/5.56, and 308. One at a time obviously.

In addition to the kit I have also ordered:
-Bullet puller
-Lyman protouch 1500 for precise powder measurements.
-2 additional Turret Plates
-9mm dies
-223 dies
-308 dies
-Case trimmer
-chronograph
-shell holders

Primers and powder. I know this is a dumb question, but does anyone have a secret place I could purchase some primers to get me started? I’m just looking for 500-1k of each, as this would probably last me a while until I get this figured out. I need CCI #41 primers for my 5.56, small rifle primers, and small pistol primers. I have brass, and I’m going order bullets once I know what I need to go with based off the load data.

I’m still looking at different powders and load data to figure out what I need to hunt down.

I’ll take all the guidance and tips I can get. That’s why I love this group. If I need to add anything to my list let me know.

Last edited:

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s about what I expected to pay. I found some in stock online, but im not sure they are legit. I’ll keep looking around.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Primers are high right now but you can get on a notification list at Midway, Brownells and Powder Valley but you have to be quick about getting them when notified and you will have to add shipping and hazmat onto the price of them. And be cautious where you buy them online cause alot of scamming going on.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Primers are high right now but you can get on a notification list at Midway, Brownells and Powder Valley but you have to be quick about getting them when notified and you will have to add shipping and hazmat onto the price of them. And be cautious where you buy them online cause alot of scamming going on.
This is exactly what I’m starting to notice. The sites that have primers in stock don’t seem legit. I’ll add myself to a few of the notification list.
Brownells keeps getting primers but they’re like $120/1000 plus hazmat and shipping
I’ll pay to get started, But I’m not paying that! I am starting to get desperate but I don’t want to feed the problem.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/inventory-reduction-sale-equipment-and-components.329647/
There are primers and powder that they are selling along with bullets.
Look up WC844 and WC846 powder would be good for your .223 and .308.
That list has some.

Sub sonic stuff I like Red Dot powder.
CCI 41 or the 450 works fine for me in AR
I think winchester 41 is what LC uses.
Thank you for the info. I’ll look into those powders for the .223 and .308. I’ve haven’t read about the red dot powder, but I have been reading about the trailboss for subsonic rifle calibers. I’ll look into the red dot power.

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I’ll look into those powders for the .223 and .308. I’ve haven’t read about the red dot powder, but I have been reading about the trailboss for subsonic rifle calibers. I’ll look into the red dot power.

for .223 and .308 the powders CFE223 and BL-C(2) both work for that caliber and it’s in stock quite often.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for .223 and .308 the powders CFE223 and BL-C(2) both work for that caliber and it’s in stock quite often.
I will take a look at these as well. I’m basically looking for anything that will get me started. Once I get the hang of everything I’ll narrow it down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom