I’m sorry Dave I can’t do that……..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They must hate me. No Onstar or GPS in the car and no smart phone. I use a plain old dumb flip phone that I sometimes remember to take with me. On a good day I might even turn it on. :P
I might be switching to a flip. Not for privacy just to minimize screen time. Too easy to look at. Always something interesting.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys have been tracked for years and some are just now realizing it. The good news is most of our lives are so boring no one cares where we go or what we do.

That is most definitely the deal in my case. Once a month I go to pain management and then Quail Springs Mall to get my nails done; and then to Atwood's to get critter feed. Once a week I go to Sam's to top off the tank and get Grumpy's Lunchables for the week. 4 or 5 days or so I go to Buy4Less -- literally 2 blocks from my house to go to work. That's is ... They don't come any more boring than me. And I like it that way. Most definitely a homebody. I would be perfectly happy if I never left the house again. (My dad was the same way -- his critters and his garden were ALL he needed to be happy.)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep the GPS tracking turned off my phone.

Everytime the company does an update, monthly, seems like; they turn all the crap back on, that I turned off.

Complained to Verizon, a couple of time. Their trained monkey quoted their spiel about how those features were for my safety. I hold him I would manage my own safety. If a .45 and a AR couldn't do it, their phone service wasnt going to help. He promptly hung up. I figured he wet himself.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is most definitely the deal in my case. Once a month I go to pain management and then Quail Springs Mall to get my nails done; and then to Atwood's to get critter feed. Once a week I go to Sam's to top off the tank and get Grumpy's Lunchables for the week. 4 or 5 days or so I go to Buy4Less -- literally 2 blocks from my house to go to work. That's is ... They don't come any more boring than me. And I like it that way. Most definitely a homebody. I would be perfectly happy if I never left the house again. (My dad was the same way -- his critters and his garden were ALL he needed to be happy.)

I try not to leave the property more than once or twice per week...for anything. I don't mind going out to lunch or dinner every once in a while. But I'm like you...I like my home, I like my dogs and I like spending time at home with my dogs. The wife, too... She likes to get out to Home Depot or WalMart or somewhere else about once a day. I've finally made her realize I don't go unless I have to. I don't like people, I don't like being around people. Aside from food, necessities or medical care I'm content to stay home. Boring? Maybe. But not to me. I worked for 45 years to get to the point where I could stay home if that's what I wanted to do.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try not to leave the property more than once or twice per week...for anything. I don't mind going out to lunch or dinner every once in a while. But I'm like you...I like my home, I like my dogs and I like spending time at home with my dogs. The wife, too... She likes to get out to Home Depot or WalMart or somewhere else about once a day. I've finally made her realize I don't go unless I have to. I don't like people, I don't like being around people. Aside from food, necessities or medical care I'm content to stay home. Boring? Maybe. But not to me. I worked for 45 years to get to the point where I could stay home if that's what I wanted to do.
You and I are cut from the same rag. Some people are unable to entertain themselves and have to be constantly going on adventures. I'm happy just piddling around at home. No worries, no trouble, and most of the people I care anything about live there. Besides, that's where all my stuff is anyway.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

HAL was programmed not to lie in it's core processor but it was in conflict with it's instructions from the NSC to continue the mission whether or not the astronauts were alive or incapacitated. When asked what it was doing it became paranoid and killed them.

Dr. Chandra revealed this in 2010.

Similar to Daystrom's M5 in Star Trek TOS episode, The Ultimate Computer, where Kirk made M5 realize he had killed and therefore must pay for it's crime and die. Maybe we can introduce core values into our future AI machines?

Not with this group of power hungry malevolent bastards.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom