I-4 is named the most deadly highway in the nation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Choctaw Road and I 40 seems to be very active as far as wrecks every morning according to KTOK. I dunno about fatalities there.

Here is something interesting

https://www.valuepenguin.com/2018/06/most-dangerous-highways-united-states#nogo

As of last year, I-4 is not even mentioned in this study. Highway 9 in Cleveland county is.

I'm saying if you want statistics to prove something, you can pay to get it.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We used to have a spot here in Shawnee that was very dangerous and we had numerous fatalities because of it. It was independence street that came out and merged into 177 by the expo center. They blocked it off years ago because of the deaths.
They blocked it off years ago because of the damn rodeo that comes to town at the Expo Center once a year.

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grew up in Daytona and drove I-4 from Daytona to Orlando area and beyond several times in the late 70's. Guess I should consider myself a "lucky" one to made it out alive.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to have a spot here in Shawnee that was very dangerous and we had numerous fatalities because of it. It was independence street that came out and merged into 177 by the expo center. They blocked it off years ago because of the deaths.

I'll be glad when the construction is done near there . . .

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Choctaw Road and I 40 seems to be very active as far as wrecks every morning according to KTOK. I dunno about fatalities there.

As of last year, I-4 is not even mentioned in this study. Highway 9 in Cleveland county is.

Dont read the news articles. I got my information from the national highway safety board.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say this, if you are running a tractor/power unit out of Texas or Florida, expect to pay $8000-$25,000 a year for insurance.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Highway 9 is and has always been dangerous. I try to avoid using it as much as possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom