I am a pen maker!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well for many years I have been buying custom pens and have given some away to close friends etc.

Anyways, I finally spoke to the gentleman and asked him to teach me and share some not all of his knowledge.

Well he was kind enough to invite me to his home and made a pen that day and as he is making it he is explaing what he is doing and why.

So here is my Etsy shop after just 1 month of making pens.

I have decided to call myself PennCasso due to the art of it and the uniqueness of my work.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PennCasso
Regards,

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man oh man that looks great, good job. Nice hobby too.

The Woodcraft Store in OKC (May & Britton Rd) sells all the stuff, including what I think are called mini lathes, to make nice pens. They occasionally give classes or demos on it.

BTW OKC is getting a Rockler Woodworking Store soon, N May & 50th

Last edited:

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man oh man that looks great, good job. Nice hobby too.

The Woodcraft Store in OKC (May & Britton Rd) sells all the stuff, including what I think are called mini lathes, to make nice pens. They occasionally give classes or demos on it.

BTW OKC is getting a Rockler Woodworking Store soon, N May & 50th
Are they connected to the one here in Tulsa?

I'll have to Google them!

Thanks!

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a friend give me and my wife a couple that he had made and I asked him how long does it take to make one? He said about 6-8 hrs.
You just don't know what you might run into. Sometimes the blanks can blow a part as you are working it and you have to fine the piece and try to glue it back on and work it where you don't give a hint that you glued it.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well for many years I have been buying custom pens and have given some away to close friends etc.

Anyways, I finally spoke to the gentleman and asked him to teach me and share some not all of his knowledge.

Well he was kind enough to invite me to his home and made a pen that day and as he is making it he is explaing what he is doing and why.

So here is my Etsy shop after just 1 month of making pens.

I have decided to call myself PennCasso due to the art of it and the uniqueness of my work.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PennCasso
Regards,
If you don't mind a critique...

I like your pens, I like your stands, your backgrounds behind the pens need work. Go to a wallpaper shop and ask them for some masculine wallpaper samples.

https://www.brewsterwallcovering.com/masculine-wallpaper
Don't use heavily contrasted backgrounds. Use a light background for dark pens an dark for lighter colored pens. Especially if you are asking $100 per pen.

Are these a regular ball point or are they a CROSS type refill? That needs to be in the description.

Go to a stationary store and buy some cheap desk accessories and maybe a desk calendar. Do a photo layout with some pens on the desk with the accessories.

These will grab some attention and hopefully get you better sales.

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't mind a critique...

I like your pens, I like your stands, your backgrounds behind the pens need work. Go to a wallpaper shop and ask them for some masculine wallpaper samples.

https://www.brewsterwallcovering.com/masculine-wallpaper
Don't use heavily contrasted backgrounds. Use a light background for dark pens an dark for lighter colored pens. Especially if you are asking $100 per pen.

Are these a regular ball point or are they a CROSS type refill? That needs to be in the description.

Go to a stationary store and buy some cheap desk accessories and maybe a desk calendar. Do a photo layout with some pens on the desk with the accessories.

These will grab some attention and hopefully get you better sales.
Thank you for the critique, I've taken it more as advice. I've screen shot your suggestion(s) and will definitely give it a shot. Thanks!

Last edited:

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my personal pen that I carry.

Attachments

• 20230128_153534.jpg
    20230128_153534.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230128_153521.jpg