I am asking for prayers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So this is hard for me as I am generally a pretty private person when it comes to challenges in life. So here is the background and my request.
17 years ago this month I underwent open heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic.They were able to remove my aortic vale, repair and put it back in. It was a miracle that I was alive as they discovered I had been walking around with an aortic dissection for approximately 3 months (a blood clot kept me from bleeding out). Fast forward to last week, I made a trip back to Cleveland to meet with the doctor and surgeon who did the procedure and with testing we discovered my aortic valve has declined and is leaking badly. This will require me to go after the first of the year to have it removed and replaced with an artificial (verses a mechanical). As with any major surgery there are lots of risks, however I will literally have some of the best doctors and surgeons in the world working on me.
I am only 49 and love the life I have here with my wife, family and friends. I know that the Lord determines our days on this side of Glory, however I am asking for prayers that He would honor our prayers, desires and grant me a successful surgery and quick recovery. I am also asking for prayers for the financial blessings needed for us to survive this unexpected disruption.
I just want to close by saying thank you to all of you that will pray for me and ask for the Lords favor. Merry CHRISTmas, God Bless and THANK YOU.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God’s healing and guiding hand for all involved in your care. His love and comfort for your family and you. May you be held safe and secure in all aspects of your treatment, physical recovery and finances. How good it is to live in a time when medicine is so advanced. Prayer is powerful. Our God is mighty to save.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been listening to the Audible version of Do This For Love, about the Free Burma Rangers, a group that does front-line humanitarian work in war zones. The leader is David Eubank, an American former Special Forces officer who has been doing this as a mission since the '90s, and he has brought quite a few to Christ in the process. (If you want to know more about them, check out the most recent episode of the Team VTAC podcast with Kyle Lamb; Eubank is the guest, and he talks a lot about the FBR.)

That's a long way of getting to this: one of the things they frequently say in the FBR is this world is fatal, but not final. I hope that thought brings you some small comfort, and I will pray that this world isn't fatal fir you, either, at least not for many years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom