I am asking for prayers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The nerve coming back feels odd at best, hurts really bad at worst as you well know. Bless you!

No kidding!! Sometimes it feels strangely ... Good ... Not often enough to make me want to do it forever though. Lol

No more massages??

No!! Can't even breathe in my general direction without me coming undone!

I jacked up C-3 C-4 & C-5 playing football to the extent that the area of my upper neck where they are located was completely numb for about 2 1/2 years. With the help from surgery and a very good physical therapist my nerves and muscles slowly got stronger and my feeling returned to the point that I knew when I needed my neck hair trimmed. Positive thinking is also a very good medication

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dang dude! Yeah ... I've got a good team of doctors in place, than goodness.

Hang in there sounds like everyone is slowly on the mend that’s good too here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Slow is better than no progress any day.

Nah, she is online ordering fabric at Joann's. :blush:

Ha!! Fabric.com ... Lol

Sorry to hear. Before I lost my wife she had stage 4 cancer. the chemo and radiation were so intense and so long the doctors said that it may have dissolved some of the sheathing that protects her nerves in her hands. Said it felt like someone sandpapered her fingertips off and electricity was running through her hands all the time. She had to stay jacked on Oxycotin and valiums just to cope. Changed her whole personality so I know what you must feel like after watching that.

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry that happened to her. And you.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you folks have really had a rough patch of life. Some of these things are so hard to understand.

A couple of years ago I incurred some slight nerve damage in my right hand. Very minor but at times the pain is quite intense. I cannot begin to imagine how you folks deal with the constant pain.

Prayers for all of you.

The Scribe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an appointment with my cardiologist yesterday and she was quite pleased with my progress. All is going well since my electro cardio conversion. Still tweaking some meds and eliminating a few I no longer need.
I am so thankful for the good news.
On a side note please pray for the nerves in my right arm and hand. I have numbness and cold needle feeling in right thumb and trigger finger along with forearm. It is not uncommon to have some nerve damage due to the Central line that was placed in my upper right chest. Doc said it could take up to 18 months to get back to normal. That is a concern as I shoot pistol with that hand and do not see how I could do so at this point. ( I am left eye dominant and can shoot left handed if needed), I will just need to reacquaint myself with that and strengthen my left arm and hand, along with new holsters. Not to mention writing and typing is a challenge.
Please pray for a much faster nerve recovery time.

Glad you’re doing better. In regards to your nerve issues in your arm, practice with it doing the things you normally do. The more you do it, the sooner your body will grow new nerves in that area to get back to normal. The body fights to return to homeostasis. Your muscles have memory but the nerves that were damaged need to be replaced. Like the doctor said, it will take time but you can definitely help it along.

I’m sure what you are going through and did go through was tough, but I’m very glad you’re doing better. With a bit of help from each other and God, we move forward.

schwazche

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So this is hard for me as I am generally a pretty private person when it comes to challenges in life. So here is the background and my request.
17 years ago this month I underwent open heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic.They were able to remove my aortic vale, repair and put it back in. It was a miracle that I was alive as they discovered I had been walking around with an aortic dissection for approximately 3 months (a blood clot kept me from bleeding out). Fast forward to last week, I made a trip back to Cleveland to meet with the doctor and surgeon who did the procedure and with testing we discovered my aortic valve has declined and is leaking badly. This will require me to go after the first of the year to have it removed and replaced with an artificial (verses a mechanical). As with any major surgery there are lots of risks, however I will literally have some of the best doctors and surgeons in the world working on me.
I am only 49 and love the life I have here with my wife, family and friends. I know that the Lord determines our days on this side of Glory, however I am asking for prayers that He would honor our prayers, desires and grant me a successful surgery and quick recovery. I am also asking for prayers for the financial blessings needed for us to survive this unexpected disruption.
I just want to close by saying thank you to all of you that will pray for me and ask for the Lords favor. Merry CHRISTmas, God Bless and THANK YOU.
Prayers for you, your doctors and family brother.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prayers for you, your doctors and family brother.
I'm so sorry but I will pray for you and tell you that I've been blessed with what can happen when people pray for you. If you would like to know more, dm me but I promise this, only prayer is why I'm on this side of the dirt today.
Prayers when I stop typing and prayers when I go to bed.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so sorry but I will pray for you and tell you that I've been blessed with what can happen when people pray for you. If you would like to know more, dm me but I promise this, only prayer is why I'm on this side of the dirt today.
Prayers when I stop typing and prayers when I go to bed.

And we are still praying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom