I am begining to get the fever!!! Anyone have any Dove hunting predictions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Get out and shoot a couple rounds of skeet or sporting clays! I’m kind of excited because I’m shooting 28g this year. Really fell in favor of it after some duck hunting and skeet with it this year.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first foray into dove was as a teenager in 1970. I went with a friend in his father's maize field. We were back to back with tumbleweeds like a fort around us. I didn't have a shotgun so they loaned me one. Ha! A side by side 10 gauge! He was turned around looking into my field of fire and I was turned around looking into his. He yelled, "Dove, 12 o'clock!" and when I saw it in front of me about 10 feet away I raised my 10 gauge and pulled both triggers. Feathers and a pink mist appeared in the air and I had shoved my buddy backward a foot face first into the tumbleweeds. We laughed about that for hours.

I just love these footnotes in life.

Last edited:

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
149131-bd98464790d24a53d80a6d9c16567a57.jpg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When a teenager......in SW Okla I was a tractor jockey for summer work. I had ample places to hunt back then. Loved to dove hunt Now that I'm a city slicker I've lost my access. Any dove hunting places recommended ?

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Get out and shoot a couple rounds of skeet or sporting clays! I’m kind of excited because I’m shooting 28g this year. Really fell in favor of it after some duck hunting and skeet with it this year.

My buddies uncle shot dove with us one year. He was using a double barrel 28 gauge and was outshooting me and my buddy with our 12gauge pump actions. I felt defeated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom