I am begining to get the fever!!! Anyone have any Dove hunting predictions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Glad some of you guy found some doves. My doves left for Mexico!! I hunted hard almost all day on Thurs...bagged 3 with 4 shots. Hit it again on Fri pretty early....worse than the day before. Had a grand total of 2 that's right 2. You have heard of false prophets...well my predictions of a great opening day proved to be false.
Maybe later.
Tons of birds still in KS. My spot for the evening where I finally found some birds has been under a rainy cloud for almost an hour now lol.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slow morning on a solo hunt, worked hard all morning. Made the hard shots and whiffed on easy ones....such is dove hunting.

Attachments

• 20220903_100915.jpg
    20220903_100915.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would be interesting to hear how you hunted too. Pond, field, when and so on.

Wheat managed for dove with native sunflowers around the edges and a couple strips of commercial size 4 sunflowers in the middle.

We’ll have more sunflowers next year. The birds were full of them, and would be shot at several times and still find a way to get to middle and land in the sunflowers.

This field will hold doves for most of the season.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wheat managed for dove with native sunflowers around the edges and a couple strips of commercial size 4 sunflowers in the middle.

We’ll have more sunflowers next year. The birds were full of them, and would be shot at several times and still find a way to get to middle and land in the sunflowers.

This field will hold doves for most of the season.
I'm in!! When do we go? Good to see you guys hitting a few.

Latest posts

Top Bottom