I am begining to get the fever!!! Anyone have any Dove hunting predictions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dove gumbo tonight. It was a recipe from the Louisiana fish and game. Man it was good.

FB3477E2-8E5E-4497-B9F1-46570626DB37.jpeg

Dennis, time to clean out the back of that truck. And why you leaving that Anderson Hitch back there? It's like 40#. C'mon, man! :tounge2:
That's all dove hunting gear. It stays! You should see the back seat....and the passenger seat.
That hitch takes about 10 minutes to remove, I just keep forgetting to take it out after getting home from the summer trip.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is our setup. I came up with it on my own several years ago and it WORKS. We took some conduit and wrapped it in camo duct tape and stick it in the ground or in this case in the fence. The trick is to get them as high as you can. Dove will actually land on the fence between the decoys.

Attachments

• IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    932.1 KB · Views: 0

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Height is the key!

We were working nights, a guy comes in, tells about all the dove he had gotten.

He woke up and seen a bunch of dove on the electric wires. He opens window and set an empty bucket under it.
Laying in bed, he shot them with a pellet rifle. His Lab would bring them to the window and drop in the bucket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom