I am begining to get the fever!!! Anyone have any Dove hunting predictions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some reason I am seeing way less than in previous years in southern Rogers Co. I put out cracked corn on the ground around the bird feeders mainly for the doves. I had quite a few feeding every day about a month ago, but they seem to have left the area now. Don't see them sitting the lines much either when I'm out driving. Maybe a new bunch will show up with the changing weather later this week.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll be curious to see how the temp drops and moisture will effect the bird numbers. I’m seeing quite a few right now but I bet that changes some.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dry hot weather no rain I was really looking forward to a good hunt on opening day but we got a small cold front with a little bit of rain and it seemed to have run them all out. Have checked five corn fields and none to be had. Not on the power lines or in the trees. But no matter, opening day is just that. A season goes long and they'll be back eventually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom