I am being reminded why Plumbers make a decent living.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain, in my shoulders, back, and bruised side where I laid against the edge of the cabinet base.
Just replaced our kitchen faucet too last week. Didn't know if I was going to get that nut loose or not, but finally did. The new faucet came with a little tool to get the new one on, so next time should be easier as long as I don't lose that tool.

Also on Monday just replaced 3 bathroom faucets and the innards of all three toilets 2 weeks ago. I hope I'm good for awhile now.

I always lay on the ironing board pushed into the cabinet. It certainly helps!

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may be easier to switch the hoses at the line end instead of the faucet end!
It was leaking up inside the neck somewhere. I’m not gifted enough to have undone all the corrosion up inside it and replace with a new hose.
7F84D2F9-C98B-4E16-9246-10DEC31E32C5.jpeg

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain, in my shoulders, back, and bruised side where I laid against the edge of the cabinet base.
Just replaced our kitchen faucet too last week. Didn't know if I was going to get that nut loose or not, but finally did. The new faucet came with a little tool to get the new one on, so next time should be easier as long as I don't lose that tool.

Also on Monday just replaced 3 bathroom faucets and the innards of all three toilets 2 weeks ago. I hope I'm good for awhile now.

Damn nut is still corroded to it. 😁

444085CF-CF9A-4164-9461-8FBE64611484.jpeg

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain! Been there done that recently. All I cay is, plumbers must have hard heads. Banged mine a few times under a sink.
They generally do, the good ones anyway.. not for that reason though.
You bang your head a few times and you learn to look before you get up.

I'm a licensed plumber so if anyone has any specific questions you can pm me. I know there's another guy around here that plumbs too.

I heard about people using gadgets to hold up the disposal, but once you've done a few hundred you can do it all in one motion.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jam nut corroded away and the spout tipped over...no leaks....my jerryrigged solution was to jam it back with plastic enough to keep it upright. Not a perfect fix but its "good enough" and whole lot better than a total redo.

IMG_6604.JPG
IMG_6606.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom