I ate bait !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Shrimp Etouffe works, couple different ways to make it, this style is excellent!
bafab96def5547a9e27d39c255a84a4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Craw fish etouffee is excellent as well!! Just hard to find fresh craw fish in OKC!!
Mud bugs are common as dirt in Oklahoma; if you can't find 'em fresh, you ain't lookin'.

Of course, I remember where I caught them and what I used for bait, so I've never really had an interest in eating freshwater cockroaches...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...had to try one of the raw oysters on a Challenge.
Never looked back. Love em. Lots of horseradish in catsup to dip them in.

I’m in! I stayed at a waterside hotel for like 4 or 5 days up in Puget Sound called “the Old Alcohol Plant” cause that’s what is was before it became a hotel. They had a Happy Hour special called Oyster Shooters. It was a Highball glass with a raw oyster, glob of cocktail sauce and a glob of horseradish and a healthy double shot of Vodka. Salute! Just bottoms up on about 6-8 of those and you had combo dinner and drinks all in one. Now that’s a good way to eat raw oysters.

On the last night, I learned that drinking a copious quantity of beer following what I best remember was more like 9-10 of those Oyster Shooters was not such a good idea.

Raw, barely gnawed oysters coming back up in a foamy mix of warm vodka and horseradish flavored beer is not a pleasant way to spend an hour or so. But keep it to a few and avoid the 2 dollar pitchers of beer after and now that was good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeesh.

As the saying goes, "T'was a brave man that first ate an oyster".

I think it was more like a starving man ate it. I ain't never been hungry enough to eat an oyster, especially raw. I'll eat a dog first, and before that I'll eat leaves and rats.

One doesn't actually "eat" an oyster in the conventional sense. One simply puts the vessel in which the shimmery, slimy, quivering snot-like glob rests to one's lips, be it shell, cup, or glass and sort of "sluuurppps" the contents. It isn't really something to be chewed...liken it to trying to chew an over-boiled piece of some sort of soft rubber, or semi-gelatinous something or other. Yep, just slurp and go. The mass of the oyster digests easily enough though, once in one's digestive tract. I do believe I once consumed at least two dozen of the things once at one sitting, straight from the shell, tempered only by a drop of Tabasco, a dab of horseradish cocktail sauce and a squeeze of lemon.. Drip, dab, squeeze, sluuuuurpppp, swallow, repeat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom