I believe we need to spend a little more on reading, writing, and arthritic…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need school choice now and all of the sudden everything would change IMO. Lot of good teachers, parents, and citizens but some that are just selfish trash.

Questions about history are common misses but these kids don’t know anything about the world we love

I had a football coach teaching English my senior year. Turned in my senior paper to graduate, I wrote it on law enforcement.

Coach handed it back to me the next day and told me to correct my typed report as I had police spelled incorrect.
He told me it’s not poll ice. It was spelled right, never knew if he thought their was two L’s or what. They usually had them teaching drivers Ed.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/what-is-3-times-3-times-3/

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need school choice now and all of the sudden everything would change IMO. Lot of good teachers, parents, and citizens but some that are just selfish trash.

Questions about history are common misses but these kids don’t know anything about the world we love

I had a football coach teaching English my senior year. Turned in my senior paper to graduate, I wrote it on law enforcement.

Coach handed it back to me the next day and told me to correct my typed report as I had police spelled incorrect.
He told me it’s not poll ice. It was spelled right, never knew if he thought their was two L’s or what. They usually had them teaching drivers Ed.

I agree with you. I also think the Government needs to no longer be involved with public education. Think it should be left up to the states.

If there were more private schools that the student could use the allotted money on instead of state city schools there would be definite improvement.

A return to the main things with a removal of all progressive revisionist CRT BS. I also think they should bring the trade shops back. Like carpentry, welding and what not.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a big 10-4. I went to vo-tec it got me my first job while pursuing my degree.

Why they removed metal, wood, machine shops was a big mistake. We had classes starting in junior high along with home economics.

Highschool I took auto mechanics, we learned a lot fixing our own hot rods. You also learned not to catch the condenser when someone tossed it to you☺️. I sure don’t miss sitting timing and screwing with sitting points .

I had one year high school electronics which made me decide to take electronics my Junior and Senior.

They told kids back then if you think you may not want to go to college get a trade…. Still solid advise.

I loved arts and crafts in grade school, I bet they wouldn’t let a kid near a kiln today, we we’re making ashtrays in the 6th grade.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a big 10-4. I went to vo-tec it got me my first job while pursuing my degree.

Why they removed metal, wood, machine shops was a big mistake. We had classes starting in junior high along with home economics.

Highschool I took auto mechanics, we learned a lot fixing our own hot rods. You also learned not to catch the condenser when someone tossed it to you☺️. I sure don’t miss sitting timing and screwing with sitting points .

I had one year high school electronics which made me decide to take electronics my Junior and Senior.

They told kids back then if you think you may not want to go to college get a trade…. Still solid advise.

I loved arts and crafts in grade school, I bet they wouldn’t let a kid near a kiln today, we we’re making ashtrays in the 6th grade.
learned to weld in 7th grade 43 years later still weld on occasion! learned woodworking, foundry, not to mention art class and the pots made on the wheel still at dad's house to this day Mom loved them so we kept them after she passed.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Something similar happened to me in high school. I was asked a geography question in Contemporary Problems and I know I got it right, but it was marked wrong. The teacher pointed to the map he used and insisted it was right. When I pointed out that the map was out of date, and offered to prove it, he got very angry and told me that the discussion was over.

This was before students had all the rights that they have now, so I had to accept it.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bear with me here..........
1. You are assuming that these things aren't being taught? Or that they're not being taught well enough?
2. Is it possible that kids in that video, like many in today's schools, just don't care enough to recall these things? Wouldn't that desire for learning start at home?
3. Someone please explain to me what CRT is.
4. How will funding private schools change this perceived problem? EPIC clearly didn't work out.
5. Vo-Tech is still a thing. It's just outsourced. Moore-Norman provides excellent services on a much larger, broader, and expansive scale that public schools have resources for.
6. Coaches teach what they're certified to teach. They're not just PUT somewhere because that's where coaches go.
7. Drivers Ed has been outsourced as well. Anybody know why?
8. P.E. isn't a requirement for graduation. Should it be? Why/Why Not? Should it even be offered in school?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

As I recall we made ashtrays and candle holders in bible school right along with the macaroni construction paper Jesus portraits and matchstick crosses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom