I bought a new gun and.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Could be like my case where neither of us should be allowed to be in control of our own money. 😂 😂
Yeah, my wife was a bean counter for over 40 years. She has been my "buffer" of sorts when it comes to gun purchases, although I hear her on the phone telling her friends what Dennis wants, he gets, so it's kind of been a partnership in the finances.
I could have got a lot more is the excuse I use.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say that I've got more than I should ever want, and certainly more than I need!!
Let's break it down.
How many guns does one need?
I was in my mid 30's after military service before owning anything other than a single shot .410. It killed everything I hunted and probably taught me to make sure game was in range before shooting.
Uncle loaned me a Winchester 1890 pump rimfire that was shot out for awhile.
After that, Gibsons was going out of business and sold some .22 semi auto rifles for $35 each.
Bought three and gave away two for presents. Still have one.
Ex wife said she was going to get a cat for the house. I said if she does, I'll get a Rem semi auto 30-06. She did and I did.
Great rifle for short range but at 100 yards, could never get anything better that a 4.5" group no matter what reload I put through it.
The tomcat across the street took care of the cat the wife brought home. I hate cats.
So, how many guns does one REALLY need?

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1716912294518.png

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
easy tip, just don't tell her. Or say i won't ask about your amazon packages and you don't ask about my gun/accessory purchases. I'm happy to have separate finances and a wife who doesn't care about guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom