I Bought a Smith & Wesson 66-1 Yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You claim that, "I’m not a revolver guy. However, my “gut” told me to buy it anyway".
Well; you did the right thing.
You should always trust your gut (unless you have an overabundance of candida bacteria that tell you they 'need' a 6th bowl of Rocky Road ice cream)....or whatever.
....But when it comes to old Smith & Wessons, it simply means that you're low on iron- (shootin' iron).
Like 65NY told you, "You're a Revolver Guy now!"
So, congratulations.

P S- You can still be a (whatever you were/are) guy too- but you've just expanded.
Without ice cream.
Old P&R S&Ws; A perfectly healthy way to gain extra weight.

Last edited:

quallsmastiff

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
You claim that, "I’m not a revolver guy. However, my “gut” told me to buy it anyway".
Well; you did the right thing.
You should always trust your gut (unless you have an overabundance of candida bacteria that tell you they 'need' a 6th bowl of Rocky Road ice cream)....or whatever.
....But when it comes to old Smith & Wessons, it simply means that you're low on iron- (shootin' iron).
Like 65NY told you, "You're a Revolver Guy now!"
So, congratulations.

P S- You can still be a (whatever you were/are) guy too- but you've just expanded.
Without ice cream.
Old P&R S&Ws; A perfectly healthy way to gain extra weight.
Thanks for the laugh! 😄

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the laugh! 😄
You're welcome, sir.
But, seriously folks; The 66-1 is a super choice for a .38 slash .357.
Why the / (slash)?
'Cuz they are 'Mainly' (Manly?) .38s...but CAN be used with .357s. Too many, too hot .357s are not a good diet for K frames (more for L & N framed S&Ws, w/ which there should be NO issues). But try to stick to a minimal use of 158 gr. Magnums in yours....to protect the forcing cone & prevent 'flame cutting'. You can look all this up, as I don't have time to detail it now. Just 'Trust the Science' ( & HANG Faux-she)!
Great Revolver, though!
You started @ the Top....so may as well Stay There.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're welcome, sir.
But, seriously folks; The 66-1 is a super choice for a .38 slash .357.
Why the / (slash)?
'Cuz they are 'Mainly' (Manly?) .38s...but CAN be used with .357s. Too many, too hot .357s are not a good diet for K frames (more for L & N framed S&Ws, w/ which there should be NO issues). But try to stick to a minimal use of 158 gr. Magnums in yours....to protect the forcing cone & prevent 'flame cutting'. You can look all this up, as I don't have time to detail it now. Just 'Trust the Science' ( & HANG Faux-she)!
Great Revolver, though!
You started @ the Top....so may as well Stay There.
This exact malady occurred to my six inch barrel #19 I bought in 1978. Young man, new reloader, new competitor, ignorant about full charge, hot magnum reloads (including many factory magnums), having just too much fun. Could have used some good advice, sage counsel back then. Thought I knew it all.

quallsmastiff

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
That gun is an AWESOME shooter. I have a few 66s and enjoy them all. Of course I love all of my revolvers. 😍😍😍
It’s an awesome shooter when my son shoots it. Me, not so awesome. After about 12 rounds I have to switch back to my 1911s to heal my bruised ego and quiet the jeers coming from behind me. It’s a lot of fun though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom