I Braked a young lady at Wilshire Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHArms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm writing this in hopes of finding, and making it right to the gentleman with the young lady I wronged on Friday, July 16.

Here is what happened:

A gentleman and what appeared to be his granddaughter, a lovely young lady (maybe 13?) were shooting in Lane 2. I was in Lane 3. I had to test a new brake to check zero before a competition. I was in a hurry, inconsiderate and didn't pay attention. I was a jerk. I didn't realize they had moved back to the line and I let one rip before giving all around a fair warning. She of course was on the rifle and I Braked her. Out of my peripheral I saw her get up and I looked up and she was shaking her head nope. No more. I realized what I had done and apologized. This gentleman was trying to get a young lady into shooting and I straight up wrecked it.

I'm so sorry. I hope someone heard about it or the gentlemen himself sees this- I will do anything I can to get her back to the range on my dime, of course, with anything I have, suppressed or otherwise. I'm so sorry. I know you were trying to get her into the sport and I derailed your attempts.

I was shooting a 6BR and the gentleman talked to me about the caliber for a minute, just for reference of my identity.

If I did this to you or you heard about it, please reach out and let me make it right. I really will do it better next time. I'm sorry. I didn't know she was on the gun and had moved back in.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I'm writing this in hopes of finding, and making it right to the gentleman with the young lady I wronged on Friday, July 16.

Here is what happened:

A gentleman and what appeared to be his granddaughter, a lovely young lady (maybe 13?) were shooting in Lane 2. I was in Lane 3. I had to test a new brake to check zero before a competition. I was in a hurry, inconsiderate and didn't pay attention. I was a jerk. I didn't realize they had moved back to the line and I let one rip before giving all around a fair warning. She of course was on the rifle and I Braked her. Out of my peripheral I saw her get up and I looked up and she was shaking her head nope. No more. I realized what I had done and apologized. This gentleman was trying to get a young lady into shooting and I straight up wrecked it.

I'm so sorry. I hope someone heard about it or the gentlemen himself sees this- I will do anything I can to get her back to the range on my dime, of course, with anything I have, suppressed or otherwise. I'm so sorry. I know you were trying to get her into the sport and I derailed your attempts.

I was shooting a 6BR and the gentleman talked to me about the caliber for a minute, just for reference of my identity.

If I did this to you or you heard about it, please reach out and let me make it right. I really will do it better next time. I'm sorry. I didn't know she was on the gun and had moved back in.
Unfortunately that is a thing at Wilshire. Nice range but would be nice if the benches were set back a little farther so the barricades would block some of that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stand up response to a bad situation.
Several thumbs up from me. 👍👍👍👍👍

Back in the day when competing and range RO, I had to RO several USPSA rifle matches indoors at OKC and Edmond ranges.
Some used Brakes for the obvious reasons of competition.
The pressure waves and noise were so intense that even using plugs and muffs I had to refuse to RO anyone using a brake, going out of the shooting lanes if they had one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom