I busted out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my labs at the VA should have been done tuesday this week, but i couldn't walk so cancelled until today. today arrives and they send me to the ER, after spending hours damn near freezing to death, x-rays, and a full blown cat scan with dye they can't decide what's wrong. i asked if one dept shared data with another dept...the idea seems forum. anywho i been up their all day, and they decide to admit me....i decide to release me and let me come home. small argument later and the Doctor agrees with me, he dicharges my sick ass to come home.

tomorrow i'm firing the oncology docs and going into pallative care. feels good to win one

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks man, usually i can get there no problem, but they'll be done with tomorrow. i appreciate you, and hope you're better

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MY Uncle from Oregon moved here and left this state in less than a year because the VA here is HORRIBLE!!!
I went and visited him in the VA in Oregon and it was way different that what we have here. was like a high end hospital and everyone was super friendly and helpful.
I have been to the one here in Ok and it surprises me they stay in business.
But this was 20 years ago.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MY Uncle from Oregon moved here and left this state in less than a year because the VA here is HORRIBLE!!!
I went and visited him in the VA in Oregon and it was way different that what we have here. was like a high end hospital and everyone was super friendly and helpful.
I have been to the one here in Ok and it surprises me they stay in business.
But this was 20 years ago.
.gov agencies never go out of businesses; they just get more tax dollars to cover their losses.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think things have changed with the VA. I went to the VA out in Oregon just to see if there was some way to get "registered" with them, just in case. I was told that because of the combined value of mine and my wife's retirement income, I wasn't eligible for VA health services. I even recently tried to get online with the VA to just get a Veteran's ID card, and the process was enough for me to just say the heck with it. If I want to get a discount because I'm a veteran, I'll just show my Oklahoma driver's license with the veteran designation in the corner of it.

Besides, there are a lot more veterans that need services from the VA than I do.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think things have changed with the VA. I went to the VA out in Oregon just to see if there was some way to get "registered" with them, just in case. I was told that because of the combined value of mine and my wife's retirement income, I wasn't eligible for VA health services. I even recently tried to get online with the VA to just get a Veteran's ID card, and the process was enough for me to just say the heck with it. If I want to get a discount because I'm a veteran, I'll just show my Oklahoma driver's license with the veteran designation in the corner of it.

Besides, there are a lot more veterans that need services from the VA than I do.
Terry: Can't thank you and your lovely wife enough for the visit. Wife and I was just talking about you two. She appreciates it as well. God bless

Latest posts

Top Bottom