I can't taste my coffee!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks!

Fortunately I had enough of most everything to ride it out. I didn't eat for ten days so my groceries have lasted and a buddy that lives nearby dropped off some drinking water for me when I got low on that.
My brother brought me some fresh fruit when I started on this long, strange trip, and I ended up pitching most of it. Annoyed the hell out of me because I had no idea it had been that long.

I think the worst part was looking in the mirror and wondering who in the hell that old dude with the thousand-yard stare was.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
does the surgery actually improve anything? basically anyone i've ever heard talking about surgery mentions needing it again.
Are you talking about hernia surgery? A hernia can be deadly or it can be something that is just annoying or painful. All depends. They can get worse over time also. I’m not aware of anyone that would avoid getting it fixed. I had mine done ten years ago. They put in mesh and I wish I hadn’t done that but that’s a different subject.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
does the surgery actually improve anything? basically anyone i've ever heard talking about surgery mentions needing it again.
No issues with mine but they did it the old fashioned way by sewing everything back together. Surgeon said he could do it lapro with the mesh and then a year later go back in and do it right, or do it the "right way right now". Mine was too big for mesh in his opinion so I had him do it right. You just have to remember to do what they tell you for a few months after surgery with lifting stuff. And stay away from that mesh....

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My brother brought me some fresh fruit when I started on this long, strange trip, and I ended up pitching most of it. Annoyed the hell out of me because I had no idea it had been that long.

I think the worst part was looking in the mirror and wondering who in the hell that old dude with the thousand-yard stare was.
I also had to throw a few things out that "expired" while I was sick.

I know what you mean by seeing the old man in the mirror. I was so weak that I didn't even make an effort to look in the mirror for a week or so. When I finally did it was a little frightening.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about hernia surgery? A hernia can be deadly or it can be something that is just annoying or painful. All depends. They can get worse over time also. I’m not aware of anyone that would avoid getting it fixed. I had mine done ten years ago. They put in mesh and I wish I hadn’t done that but that’s a different subject.

No issues with mine but they did it the old fashioned way by sewing everything back together. Surgeon said he could do it lapro with the mesh and then a year later go back in and do it right, or do it the "right way right now". Mine was too big for mesh in his opinion so I had him do it right. You just have to remember to do what they tell you for a few months after surgery with lifting stuff. And stay away from that mesh....
My hernia is Yuge! I have had it for several years and I am really ready to get rid of it but without insurance or the cash I guess I'll be living with it for a while longer if not forever.

I checked into the cost of the surgery a couple of years ago and it was going to be $5K minimum then. I started saving towards it but then life happens.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, I've got so much wrong I'm just glad I can still swing my feet out of bed....even if does take me a while to stand upright on em. On the bright side one of my many doctors sign off on another 5 year handicapped placard the other day. I've asked all the doctors how do I just get a permanent one. None of them have a clue. I've been doing this 5 year thing since 2001. Anyway I'm rambling......

I'm glad you're feeling better my friend!

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Wow! It's been a booger trying to get a covid test so that I can go back to work even though I was isolated for three weeks.

Had one scheduled for this afternoon, which was the earliest anyone could test me this week, but they called this morning and said that they ran out of tests so call elsewhere.

Called my primary care clinic, again, and they might be able to do it although they aren't set up for it. ??? Waiting on a call back.

Urgent care won't even answer the phone because they are so booked up.

Scheduled a test at CVS. The earliest they can get me in is tomorrow afternoon.

No one has the rapid test around here so at this rate I may miss more work waiting on results after already missing four weeks. This is getting rough on the wallet!

Latest posts

Top Bottom