I can't think of a title. What do you even say at a time like this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She was the wife of my kids Uncle (Brother of the oldest 2 kid's dad).
They were married for less than a year. I guess he heard about the accident on the radio on his way to work but didn't find out until later it was his wife.
Needless to say, he isn't holding together very well right now.
I knew her, she was a polite and kind woman.

http://www.news9.com/story/39073708/one-confirmed-dead-in-head-on-collision-near-midwest-city

MIDWEST CITY, Oklahoma - Officials responded to a fatal head-on collision near Midwest City, Wednesday morning.

According to police, a truck was speeding eastbound near northeast 23rd Street and Air Depot when it crossed the center line and struck another vehicle traveling westbound. The driver of the truck was transported to the hospital.

A female victim driving the second vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene.

Eastbound northeast 23rd Street was shut down at Hughson Avenue and westbound at Air Depot around 4:20 a.m. for investigation.

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Latest from Fox25
https://okcfox.com/news/local/1-dead-1-hospitalized-in-oklahoma-city-collision

"MIDWEST CITY, Okla. (KOKH) — Metro police say one person is dead in a two-car crash in northeast Midwest City.

Police say around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday, a pickup driven by 22-year-old Logan Reed was heading eastbound on NE 23rd near Air Depot Blvd. Witnesses say the truck was traveling at a high rate of speed, possibly upwards of 90 miles per hour. At some point, the pickup crossed the center line and smashed head-on into an SUV driven by 48-year-old Donna Kay Potvin in the westbound lane.

Potvin was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say Lee was pinned in his vehicle. Midwest City Police Department Chief Brandon Clabes says that Reed was extricated and transported to a local hospital in critical condition.

“It appears alcohol and or drugs, along with speed, are the major contributors to the fatality accident. Potvin was apparently doing everything right on the roadway but is now another senseless statistic!" Clabes said."

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what was left of her car. I really feel like going into a rant but at the same time I know it won't do any good. At this point with the speed and being under the influence this was no accident. This was Gross Negligence and complete disregard for anyone's well being. At this point the worst punishment for him is to live. To live with the physical pain he has caused himself, to live with the knowledge that he has taken the life of another, to live out his days behind bars because of his actions.

Donna.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom