I can't wait to get land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And for the record, I'm still darn mad about that day. Haven't been back yet and might just plan on packing the truck up and driving to an OKC range soon enough. Not like it's much farther and I know @dlbleak has been wanting to try the BFR after all.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you on wanting the land, thought I was going to have a chance at 40 acres a week or two back (for $50k!!), and was already dreaming about my own range...alas, it didn't work out, someone else already had it locked down - for $45k :scream:! But on the flipside, I heard yesterday that the guy that kinda runs Packsaddle WMA is getting closer to having a range put in on that WMA, going to have a 100 yard rifle range plus pistol and skeet ranges. That will be the closest actual public range to me by far. Hoping they do it up right!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you on wanting the land, thought I was going to have a chance at 40 acres a week or two back (for $50k!!), and was already dreaming about my own range...alas, it didn't work out, someone else already had it locked down - for $45k :scream:! But on the flipside, I heard yesterday that the guy that kinda runs Packsaddle WMA is getting closer to having a range put in on that WMA, going to have a 100 yard rifle range plus pistol and skeet ranges. That will be the closest actual public range to me by far. Hoping they do it up right!
Ya'll folks out west I tell ya!

I'm honestly surprised that various parts of the board haven't worked together to setup an OSA range at some point. Or even a west/east one. I don't know what all that entails but it seems like there might be enough people that it could work out and cover the costs equitably.

Garrus Vakarian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll folks out west I tell ya!

I'm honestly surprised that various parts of the board haven't worked together to setup an OSA range at some point. Or even a west/east one. I don't know what all that entails but it seems like there might be enough people that it could work out and cover the costs equitably.

I for one would love a Uspsa range out near me. My wife and I have kicked around the idea of buying some extra land and sticking a huge indoor range out near Clinton.

Seems most folks just shoot on their own land but there are a ton of ppl that live in city limits that can't do that.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of leasing, any good threads or "where to start" material I could take a gander at?
I wish I knew the answer to that but I'm no expert there.

I for one would love a Uspsa range out near me. My wife and I have kicked around the idea of buying some extra land and sticking a huge indoor range out near Clinton.

Seems most folks just shoot on their own land but there are a ton of ppl that live in city limits that can't do that.
One thing that I've noticed is that there's pretty much no where that I know of with a 100 yard indoor range. Or at least a 100 yard covered range. Seems like that might be an opportunity if one had the money and land for it. I know that I'd love to have that as an option. Would make things much nicer in the heat or the cold anyways.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always heard that the costs of building an indoor range are crazy high, due to the air quality equipment, lead issues, etc. I wish someone out here could put in a good outdoor range, out to say 600, 1000 yards even better of course. I guess too many liabilities nowadays maybe, plus lots of people out here have access to private shooting places like Garrus said

Latest posts

Top Bottom